Fast Eddie Clarke joins Lemmy & Philty Phil in the Great Gig in The Sky.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Such sad news. Eddie apparently died of Pneumonia.
I worked quite closely with Eddie over the years. He was such a nice, genuine down to earth guy. Along with being a fantastic guitar player.
So that's now all three members of the classic Motorhead line up now in the great gig in the sky.

7a76b2bb-b55d-48c5-a89c-04b29f58bd9f?w=800.jpg

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
The fact they've all gone makes me rather sad

First band I ever went to see...Blackburn King George's Hall in (I think) 1981

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The fact they've all gone makes me rather sad

First band I ever went to see...Blackburn King George's Hall in (I think) 1981

I was there,but like you i can't remember the exact date. My brother saw Motorhead at the Hope and Anchor pub in Accrington in 1976. The pub is derelict now. By coincidence, i walked past it yesterday and as usual i thought of Motorhead and The Scorpions who also played there.

Jimidh

Veteran
Sad day was a big Motörhead fan in my teens and first seen them on the Iron Fist Tour and i’m prerty sure I still have a copy of the tour programme signed by all the band ( they done a signing session after the gig at the Edinburgh Playhouse).

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Sad news indeed, RIP

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
[QUOTE 5112812, member: 259"]Sad he died so young. He was a stonking guitarist.[/QUOTE]
Lemmy was the oldest of the 3. But they all died youngish, I’m sure lifestyle played a significant part.

Maenchi

StoneDog
Given the lifestyle is 67 so young ? I went to a Motorhead gig in the 70s heavy~est and loudest gig I remember going to, too many of the musicians I was or still am into are dying, because they have got old, kind makes me think of my own mortality, first time I saw Lemmy he was with Hawkwind in '72
RIP Fast Eddie....

albal

Guru
Around 1982 (I think?). Anyway when ace of spades came out, I was off school and my then girlfriend asked me to do a favour for her friend one Monday morning.
Go to the local record store and get this signed by the band she said. Handing me the said single. We were both into punk, so it wasn't much interest to me.
Sure enough off I go into the store and there was 'Motorhead'. Behind the counter signing stuff, the album being played loudly. I can't remember any conversation as I was a spotty teenager who mostly smoked 10 No6. ! I get the single signed by Phil,Lemmy and fast Eddie.
I look back fondly to the time I Met Motorhead.
RIP Eddie. Phil & Lemmy.

Top Bottom