Fastest bike for a grand?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GoatBeard

Just wondering what I could do road bike wise for a grand? Obviously prices are a bit inflated still but I'd be curious to know what I should keep my eyes out on?

Not faffed about Disc or 11 speed but I'd take both if they were in budget. I'm also a bit of a lycra phobe so aero might be wasted on me. Just want something fun to ride. Order of preference

Fun - Speed - Asthetics

vickster

Legendary Member
Fast is down to the engine more than the bike 👍
but probably some sort of light race bike in carbon
wearing tighter lighter Lycra clothing will help you in terms of reduced drag

riding out in the countryside with no traffic or junctions helps too, on flat roads, on a dry still day!

what do you ride currently, what distances, at what speeds?

Last edited:

Gunk

Guru
Just sold this for £650, it was fast enough

OP
OP
G

GoatBeard

I do typically about 30 mile leisure rides in some really hilly terrain. Not sure I trust used carbon! Last one that was dumped on me had the braze on looking like it was about to be ripped out. All kinds of weird invisible stresses on those things.

Quite like a CAAD 13 but probably way out of my budget!

vickster

Legendary Member
I do typically about 30 mile leisure rides in some really hilly terrain. Not sure I trust used carbon! Last one that was dumped on me had the braze on looking like it was about to be ripped out. All kinds of weird invisible stresses on those things.

Quite like a CAAD 13 but probably way out of my budget!
Get a Caad 12 then👍
eg https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cannonda...106302?hash=item1cecc03efe:g:q-IAAOSwjmFcWJ3j

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cannonda...320721?hash=item3da58a7951:g:NrcAAOSwGjpe2joC

Last edited:

AndyRM

XOXO
I didn't click on the link. Sorry.

No need to be, it was just a little joke (link to a second hand motorbike).

All the sensible stuff has been said. Most manufacturers have excellent bikes around the £1,000 mark if new is the way you want to go.

The second hand market is a bit odd just now with prices high due to demand, but you'll get something excellent for half that.

You can spend as much or as little as you like, but at the end of the day it's all down to rider fitness.

Top Bottom