fastest handicap meaning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Ask them?

I have been award the fastest handicap trophy for my clubs 10 mile time trial but don't really know what it means
It means that you were not the fastest over the distance but they feel sorry for you and took mitigating stuff into account and mixed it up in a formula to come up with a time that makes you feel faster than you really are.

It is a little bit like wrinkle cream or hair dye. It makes you feel younger and stronger.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
I have been award the fastest handicap trophy for my clubs 10 mile time trial but don't really know what it means
Well done!
A trophys a trophy, it will inspire you to hopefully achieve more so like I said well done.
All the haters can say what they like, you won it, they didn't.
Your trophy is probably based predominantly on improvement so if you beat your fastest time previously on that course by loads you stand a good chance in the handicap. Clearly an already super fast rider will not improve their times by much (if at all) so will not often figure in the handicap.
Our clubs handicap 10 top three was all newbies or people who had really stepped it up this year.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
It means next season you have to ride with one pedal

OP
OP
J

jamma

Über Member
Well done!
A trophys a trophy, it will inspire you to hopefully achieve more so like I said well done.
All the haters can say what they like, you won it, they didn't.
Your trophy is probably based predominantly on improvement so if you beat your fastest time previously on that course by loads you stand a good chance in the handicap. Clearly an already super fast rider will not improve their times by much (if at all) so will not often figure in the handicap.
Our clubs handicap 10 top three was all newbies or people who had really stepped it up this year.

Yeah i am pleased with it as i only went to see what improvments i made during the weeks i went so to get a award is a huge acheivment.

Top Bottom