Fasting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Just watched the video - very interesting. He kept referring to IGF1, blood glucose and cholesterol. Can you go to your GP and get these checked?

Some of the benefits he mentioned seem similar to those of exercise, in particular, prevention of Alzheimers.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Please remember that this is NOT intended to be a 'diet'. :headshake:

It is a fasting programme, a fasting 'regime', if you like.

Any weightloss is a by-product - a bonus, not a 'guaranteed' result. :ohmy:

If you call it a Programme rather than a 'Diet' - you should find it easier to remember ! ^_^

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Just watched the video - very interesting. He kept referring to IGF1, blood glucose and cholesterol. Can you go to your GP and get these checked?

Some of the benefits he mentioned seem similar to those of exercise, in particular, prevention of Alzheimers.
Not the IGF1 as it's very expensive to test...............

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm feeling fine too. I ended up having only half of the bag of salad leaves because I am having to watch my vitamin k intake (found in green veg; boosts blood clotting).

The bulk of the salad helped make it more satisfying than I expected. It felt like I'd eaten quite a lot even though salad veg is mainly water. It also takes much longer to eat than something like a small piece of cheese containing the same number of calories.

The salad dressing was pretty tasty even without the olive oil, though it is nicer with!

If this change of diet works, I should start to feel the difference in a few weeks because my waist is on the borderline between 'pretty flabby' and 'getting slim' and I notice changes very quickly.

Even on the first day of my experiment, I noticed the change of attitude that other people have reported. For instance, if I make my salad dressing on non-fasting days, I will put some olive oil in it, but use less than I normally do. I'm also considering having half the amount of things I normally wolf down e.g. baked beans - it wouldn't hurt to eat just half a tin and save the rest for another day.

ColinJ

Please remember that this is NOT intended to be a 'diet'. :headshake:

It is a fasting programme, a fasting 'regime', if you like.

Any weightloss is a by-product - a bonus, not a 'guaranteed' result. :ohmy:

If you call it a Programme rather than a 'Diet' - you should find it easier to remember ! ^_^
Oxford dictionary said:
Definition of diet:
noun

1. the kinds of food that a person, animal, or community habitually eats:
    a vegetarian diet ...
  2. a special course of food to which a person restricts themselves, either to lose weight or for medical reasons:
    I’m going on a diet ...
Everyone has a diet, but not everyone is dieting! :thumbsup:

(But I know what you mean - some people would see this as a temporary 'fix' rather than the permanent change of eating habits that it is supposed to be.)

ColinJ

Ok, it's OJ time! I'm starting to get that feeling which could be called 'hunger' but can also be 'thirst'. My glass of OJ/water should be enough to stop me wanting to raid the kitchen cupboards before I turn in. And then back to my normal food intake until Wednesday! :thumbsup:

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Not the IGF1 as it's very expensive to test...............
So how do you know if you're getting the life extending benefit?

Had a fasting day today, just 600 cals and feel good for it. Some people might knock it but they probably aren't on it or haven't even tried it, go figure.

"Some people" probably prefer actual scientifically tested and proven methods. Yet you're an admitted yoyo dieter,which says plenty on it's own.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
So how do you know if you're getting the life extending benefit?

The whole reason for the experiments by the medical profession or you can pay for a test.....

"Some people" probably prefer actual scientifically tested and proven methods. Yet you're an admitted yoyo dieter,which says plenty on it's own.

I use to drink but haven't done so for 23 years , so let's hope with this the yoyo dieting has been kicked into touch.

If it works , would you not find it much easier to encourage people.

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
T.M.H.N.E.T - You have made yourself perfectly clear.......... no, honestly you have!:smile:
You don't agree with it, we get it. By keep repeating the same thing over and over you are not going to convince us otherwise. Sorry!:biggrin:

I'm looking forward to my fast day tomorrow, I feel all stodgy and slow after the last four 'normal' days (mind you I did drink a bit too much yesterday so that won't have helped) and it does make me feel more bright and alert.

Interesting to see other people giving it a go too (Hi ColinJ), there definitely seems to be a lot of interest in this way of life.

Top Bottom