Fat lady on an electric bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Helenbells

Well, that is me to a T.
Today we loaded up the car with our two lifecycle electric bikes and sallied forth on National Route 2, near Bridport and West Bay, Dorset.
My husband is not a natural cyclist by any means and I used to cycle to work many years ago, 32 miles a day, until illness ME struck.
Had the Lifecycle sport for a year now and have done very local rides (about 8 miles).
Today we found this route whilst staying in Beaminster and had a jolly afternoon. Off road path, uphill, gravel, narrow but very enjoyable indeed. Met several dogs and owners so slowed to pass them. Enjoyed the hedgerow wildlife. Could easily have stayed out longer but the car park ticket expired!
Then we cycled along the promenade at West Bay, without power as it was flat and sea air was bracing.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Good on you. Both. Two more cyclists making the world a better place.

OP
OP
Helenbells

Helenbells

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Rather than go on the road, we went on a bridle way. Beaminster to Netherbury. Glad it was dry. Still muddy in places and loads of brick fill. Bumpy bots! Hilly too. Plenty of gates to open and shut. So more fun than progress. At Netherbury church a chap and his dog chatted and commented on the bikes. His bike days had long gone, he said. Couldn't get his leg over any more!! Cycled back on the road. YES. it was hilly, but Dorset is. No way could I have walked what we cycled. Glad of the oomph, could not have managed without it.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Well done enjoy :okay:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
If it gets people to ride then im all for them, until they try to overtake me on a hill!

There is a fancy electric bike in the work bike shed, not sure who it belongs to though.

D

Deleted member 26715

May I ask what type of bike you have, I'm trying to convince my rather rotund wife to consider a e-bike but she believes she is too large for one.

OP
OP
Helenbells

Helenbells

We have "Lifecycle Electric Sport" as in my avatar.
I wanted a bike that was bike looking as I used to ride a racer.
I am 17 stone and 5' 6" so qualify as a fat lady

However age has caught up and at 66 it is more difficult to "get my leg over"........ The cross bar, that is
I just make sure I am near a kerb, problem solved

Top Bottom