Fatal RTA, Hull Area

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRM

Guru
Used to regularly drive from Hornsea to Withernsea, then on into Hull, every Monday morning somewhere on that route, their were cars in farmers fields and upside down in ditches, more then likely been to the pub, and drove home and because it’s very rural thought they’d get away with it, the cars in fields would have been going extremely fast as they had to clear drainage ditches and smash through the hedges to land well inside a field

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Interesting as doesn't mention the paramedic but in the article, so I'm guessing your a bit in the know?

Also live localish so yes I've read online the same as you have suggested, and other details that probably not to be published.
If he is a paramedic he should have reported himself to his registration body / employer and should be suspended with the seriousness of what had happened
The victims son posted on a site I am on, stating the driver was a paramedic. He was injured and arrested at the scene. I am sure his bosses were quickly informer.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Just realised I'm doing the ride on Sunday he was doing for his charity ride :sad:

Message from the organisers

"We have no further update as the emails you have received previously contain all the detail you need.
However it is with great sadness I have to mention that a local man Richard Goodwin who entered this event was tragically taken from us less than 2 weeks ago. Richard had been on a training ride for this event, he was less than 1km from home when a drunken driver veered onto the wrong side of the road and collided with him. Richard only lived a mile away from the event location and in memory of him we would ask that if you have a couple of quid kicking around in your glove box or ashtray you drop it into the collection box at registration in order his family may look to purchase a bench in the village ."

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Just realised I'm doing the ride on Sunday he was doing for his charity ride :sad:

"We have no further update as the emails you have received previously contain all the detail you need.
However it is with great sadness I have to mention that a local man Richard Goodwin who entered this event was tragically taken from us less than 2 weeks ago. Richard had been on a training ride for this event, he was less than 1km from home when a drunken driver veered onto the wrong side of the road and collided with him. Richard only lived a mile away from the event location and in memory of him we would ask that if you have a couple of quid kicking around in your glove box or ashtray you drop it into the collection box at registration in order his family may look to purchase a bench in the village ."
What event is it Craig. Do you have a link?

Milkfloat

An Peanut

They need to be a bit careful with their wording of what happened. They are opening themselves up to being sued.

Top Bottom