Father browns bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Pashley have made "reproductions" for this type of program

I have a Delibike complete with rod brakes and period looking equipment, in Hovis Livery

There were a number made for Hovis, and whilst it looks like an absolutely immaculate restoration, it is in fact from the mid 80's

That would explain some of the discrepancies

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
The barrel adjusters on the brake cables and the current brooks saddle were the giveaways for me that it was a camouflaged modern repro.

Tim Hall

Does any licence-payer really want the BBC to pay more for the set dressing of daytime dramas?

It's fun to spot the anachronisms, but I doubt the program would be any better with a carefully restored period bike.
My Dad only chucked his Rudge (?) out a few years back. He bought it in 1948. I knew he should have hung on to it.

petek

Über Member
Pashley Roadster made to look older IMO. I pinched their cable-ties for umbrella holder wheeze on my Pashley Sovereign. Most useful.

burneggroll

The show is set in the Fifties, so it's nice to see they went to the effort of fitting genuine period fifties plastic platforms.

Mark Williams stars in the Prime TV crime drama Father Brown, the television series based on author GK Chesterton's turn-of-the-century tales about a mystery-solving Catholic priest, is set in the fictional Cotswold village of Kembleford during the 1950s. Just like Midsomer, it is a village that is over-represented in the crime statistics.

"We don't always have murders but there is a lot of crime," says Williams, laughing. "Also, the village is a bit like the Tardis. It can expand and contract. One minute it's the size of a hamlet and the next it's approximately the size of Coventry. The other thing about it – I don't know whether other people have noticed – but it's like The Simpsons; it's always July 1953." -- https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainme...ther-brown-and-our-fascination-with-the-1950s

Top Bottom