Fausto Coppi Treviso frame: ideal for winter build

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kirstie

Über Member
My other half is selling a fantastic frame in really good condition which would be ideal as a winter bike:

It's a Fausto Coppi Treviso frame

Alloy frame c/w carbon forks and headset

56cm centre to top NON COMPACT
57cm centre to centre

Overall good condition, several small chips in paintwork. Has had electrical tape on head tube to prevent cable rub. He reckons he put about 2K miles on it and it had 500 on when he bought it. There is clearance for slim mudguards but no mounts.

This is it:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrmichaelwright/3008671542/

£100 collection from the midlands or +p&p if you are not collecting.

PM me if you are interested
Ta

bonj2

looks very nice actually. But what do people mean when they say "ideal for a winter bike"? :laugh:

aluminium or steel?

OP
OP
Kirstie

Kirstie

Über Member
Sorry Bonj only answered half your question there.

A winter bike is a bike you don't mind getting covered in the cack which is all over the roads in the winter. Normally a 'winter bike' is less posh, more heavy, more sturdy and generally tougher than a lightweight 'best bike' which gets ridden from late spring - early autumn. The added bonus is by riding a heavier bike all winter you turn up in spring a bit more fit so when you get on your best bike you go like stink and feel like a cycling god.

Alternatively your best bike is the spangly expensive one you do mind getting covered in cack. Usually it goes into the shed over the winter so it doesn't get all ruined by the salt, mud and grit.

bonj2

bikes don't get 'ruined by salt mud and grit' anyhow. Still probably not an argument for this thread so good luck with selling it.

Abitrary

bonj said:
bikes don't get 'ruined by salt mud and grit' anyhow. Still probably not an argument for this thread so good luck with selling it.

They will eventually; it's a matter of time. Although this time period can be extended considerably using frame protection measures such as mudguards.

peanut

Beautiful frame wish I could afford it but a new washing machine must come first. Can't keep buying new clothes lol.
Is the seat post still for sale ?

OP
OP
Kirstie

Kirstie

Über Member
peanut said:
Beautiful frame wish I could afford it but a new washing machine must come first. Can't keep buying new clothes lol.
Is the seat post still for sale ?

Thanks for the interest, peanut.
All of the stuff which is for sale is also advertised on Singletrack. Currently one person has said they wanted the seatpost, and someone else has asked for second dibs, but we've not heard from either person. So I'll keep you posted.

Top Bottom