Faux Commuting & Weight Gains in last year

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pbkclements

Sure I'm not alone, but I haven't worked in a 'traditional workplace' - (for me used to be an office somewhere) since December 2019.

Up until then I would make sure cycling weaved somehow into my weekly commute over several years - I've kind of missed it.

Over the past 15 months though, I guess I've been one of those that the guardian describes as a faux commuter - people who need to get out & do something even though they could wake up, walk 20 steps & be at a home desk for the day. This lockdown has been particularly hard & I often cycle in the summerhouse before starting work in the morning.

Despite all these efforts I've put on a good 3 kg, just wondered how's everyone managing in this department over the past year ?

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Start early then take a long mid day break for a ride.

vickster

Legendary Member
That doesn’t work for all, eg I often have calls/meetings through the day, except I try to keep an hour at lunchtime (and even a whole hour gap isn’t guaranteed if clients schedule meetings)

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Sure I'm not alone, but I haven't worked in a 'traditional workplace' - (for me used to be an office somewhere) since December 2019.

Up until then I would make sure cycling weaved somehow into my weekly commute over several years - I've kind of missed it.

Over the past 15 months though, I guess I've been one of those that the guardian describes as a faux commuter - people who need to get out & do something even though they could wake up, walk 20 steps & be at a home desk for the day. This lockdown has been particularly hard & I often cycle in the summerhouse before starting work in the morning.

Despite all these efforts I've put on a good 3 kg, just wondered how's everyone managing in this department over the past year ?

There's a thread for that...

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/the-cycling-to-work-from-home-thread.258439/

I’ve put on a whopping 9kg since March 2020.

I was quite active until lockdown and home working started then my calorie intake never decreased as my activity decreased

Jenkins

Legendary Member
This lockdown, I've been at work full time, but for the first one we had to do a spell of WFH 3 days per week. Although the tempation was to have an extra hour in bed, I used to force myself to get up at the same time as if i was cycle commuting (even on the early shift) and go out for a 10 mile ride before work & another afterwards to replicate the commute.

Admittedly this was during the (warm) late spring & early summer we had last year, not the cold & wet weather of recent months.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member

Pffft only 3kg !! I’m not working from home but still have to put a time lock on the fridge ! I’ve put that on and more plus commuting 30 miles a day :-) .

Top Bottom