Favorite Crazyguyonabike Journals?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay clock

Massive member
The authors did loads of trips and then disappeared. My theory is that they've had a baby too. That's my theory for everything these days.
I had a feeling that Justin went to that pub meet in march, but may be wrong.

And yes Andrew and Friedel's is a cracker

Penfold

psmiffy said:
Too many good ones to play favorites - some just the trip is fantastic -others are well written or have mega photos - a lot of the ones I like are by people who really do not regard themselves as cyclists but just thought it would be a good way to get about and you can see them falling in love with it as time goes on

Not a CGOB but I have been following http://www.goingslowly.com/ for some time now

Psmiffy,

That is a great journal thanks for the link...Right then, that's me sorted for a few days :sad:

OP
OP
Anthony

Anthony

Arch

Married to Night Train
I always mean to read a lot of these, but never get round to it. I've just read Cathryn's account of touring the Netherlands with the bump, and it's lovely!

Cathryn, if you ever need a babysitter along on a trip, let me know...:smile:

Mmmm, that apple cake stuff looks good. And it's apple cake, that's fruit, it's healthy!

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Don't tempt me!!!! Babysitters (especially those with apple cake) always welcome. Glad you enjoyed the journal, it was a great weekend. I'm so glad I did it. I felt strong, if that makes sense.

I've literally just been trying to persuade Richard to go touring with Arthur. He thinks the baby's too young. Hmmm...work to do.

HelenD123

Guru
Cathryn said:
Link???? Come on, lady!

Nothing exciting... Finding fuel for your campstove

Arch

Married to Night Train
Cathryn said:
Don't tempt me!!!! Babysitters (especially those with apple cake) always welcome. Glad you enjoyed the journal, it was a great weekend. I'm so glad I did it. I felt strong, if that makes sense.

I've literally just been trying to persuade Richard to go touring with Arthur. He thinks the baby's too young. Hmmm...work to do.

Well, Arthur's been in the trailer, touring is just being in the trailer more... He's been to the US, so he's a seasoned traveller already.

I would assume the main thing is to make sure he has breaks from the sitting position everyso often (from what I've heard about babies in car seats). But that's fine. A break for him, apple cake for you!

You could always do a very mini overnight stop tour, to try it out. Work it so that you're never too far from home, in case you want to abandon.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Cathryn said:
Arch, that's an awesome idea. I'm now planning a mini tour to York - maybe to the bike show. OOOOH i'm excited now.

Wow, cool! Well, if you come to the Rally, I'll no doubt see you! Best get Arthur used to bike shows and stuff early on. :ohmy:

Make sure you don't over pack. You'll want room in the trailer for any bargains you pick up!:tongue:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Cathryn, I've been zipping through your European tour. Brilliant stuff! I was amused early on to see you meet up with my friends John and Cathy!

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Arch said:
Cathryn, I've been zipping through your European tour. Brilliant stuff! I was amused early on to see you meet up with my friends John and Cathy!

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it!!! Yes, meeting them was hilarious - I was hugely impressed with their folding bikes!!

Top Bottom