Favorite 'One Liners'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

All uphill

Still rolling along
A vicar friend said of his church,

"It's like a swimming pool, most of the noise comes from the shallow end"

OP
OP
simongt

simongt

Guru
About a youthful member of staff who wasn't the brightest light in the window - 'I've seen more intelligent life in the bottom of a pond - !' :laugh:

Punkawallah

Über Member
"You, sir, shall die of the rope, or the pox". Sandwich.
"That, sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles, or your mistress". Wilkes.

My late Dad's favourite one, "Is your face hurting you.....?"

OP
OP
simongt

simongt

Guru
Apparently reported of an Irish navvy many years ago as his 'intro line' when he'd walk into a pub:
'Who was the best foighter here 'til I walked in - ?' :eek: :laugh:

tyred

Legendary Member
A story told by an old aunt (born c1900) many years ago but I still laugh when I think about it.

She lived in a pretty remote part of the country and sang in the choir of small, rural congregation. Their organist back in the '40s and '50s was a spinster of around 45 years old who lived in a remote farmhouse with her elderly parents and basically never went out anywhere.

Then everyone was stunned by the announcement that she was engaged to be married, to a widower, much older than herself.

Before church, this unexpected news was the topic of conversation in the choir room as they prepared for the service. The minister walked, and someone said "Oh Rev. Johnston, did you hear Miss Alice is going to get married?"

To which he replied "Yes, but she's marrying a second-hand tool!" :laugh:

DRM

Guru
With reference to someone with a ruddy complexion.....they've got a face like a smacked a#se
and someone devious..... They've more faces than the town hall clock

Top Bottom