Favourite cola

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Cola is one of my favourite drinks, but which one?

I prefer the taste of the diet ones, and it is my habit to drink a half cola/half water mixture.

To name names, you can't go wrong with Diet Coke, but it's not my favourite.

The supermarket colas are variable, although those from Lidl/Aldi are as good as any.

Pepsi Max is the one I keep coming back to, it has a sweet pepperiness about it which raises it above an ordinary soft drink.

I've seen Coca-Cola Life - green packaging - but never tried it.

Added flavours such as vanilla or cherry don't do anything for me.

So Pepsi Max it is, although I will still pick up a bottle of something else if it's on offer or just attracts my interest.

What floats your cola boat?

stephec

Legendary Member
Pepsi Max, because they sell it in KFC. :smile:

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Pepsi Max, because they sell it in KFC. :smile:

Ah, draught cola could form the basis of another discussion.

You can't do a lot better than draught Pepsi Max in a tall glass with ice and a slice of lime.

On t'other hand, draught Diet Coke from McDonald's is neither nowt nor something, perhaps it's the wax carton.

Lisat

The green one isn't bad. I am a Pepsi Max girl at heart, although if I am at a well known public house (not wetherspoons) were you get the refills I tend to go 50/50 full fat/diet.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Full strength stuff, but with a newly diagnosed type 1 in the house, we tend to go with either coke zero or pepsi max.

The Coke life 330ml isn't bad for treating a hypo, will give a little more carbs (sugar) than the tiny 150ml full fat cokes (and cheaper). Those mini cokes are a rip off but ideal for diabetics when their blood sugar crashes. A full can has too much sugar.

MarkF

Guru
All Coca-Cola is crap, it turns to froth in your mouth, Pepsi doesn't and Pepsi colours and logo's have always been better too. Woe betide a child of mine who thought Cola Cola would be ok to bring back from the shop when I asked for a Pepsi. :cursing:

stephec

Legendary Member
All Coca-Cola is crap, it turns to froth in your mouth, Pepsi doesn't and Pepsi colours and logo's have always been better too. Woe betide a child of mine who thought Cola Cola would be ok to bring back from the shop when I asked for a Pepsi. :cursing:
I saw a box of Pepsi cans in Tesco with the old 70/80's style graphics, and, "with real sugar," plastered on the side of the box.

vickster

Legendary Member
Diet Coke in the UK, Coke Zero everywhere else where Diet Coke tastes weird and nasty

Full fat only with Jack Daniels!

Pepsi Max a poor third for me

Top Bottom