Favourite film quotes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

Mr Phoebus

Witches of Eastwick:
I see men, sixty, seventy years old breaking their balls to stay fit! What for? When I die, I want to be sick, not healthy.

wafflycat

Singin' in the Rain:
Lina: Oh Donny! You couldn't kiss me like that and not mean it just a teensy bit!
Don Lockwood: Meet the greatest actor in the world! I'd rather kiss a tarantula.
Lina: You don't mean that.
Don Lockwood: I don't - - Hey Joe, get me a tarantula.

Noodley

"Sentries have come in from the hill, sir. They report Zulus to the southeast. Thousands of them."

That sets the scene for the remainder of the movie...and the music ain't too bad either.

papercorn2000

"But that's Charlie's break sir"
"Charlie don't surf!"

"Yeeha!" That's the bit in Dr. Strangelove where Strangelove drops out of the 'plane riding a bomb!

"......................" That's the Mexican stand-off sequence at the end of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly with no dialogue but consists of a series of close ups of the three protagonists. And indeed all of the extended sequences in any Leone film with no dialogue and lots of staring.

"Asphinctersayswhat!" Wayne's World

purpleR

Guru
bogus... heinous... most non-triumphant. Aw Ted, don't be dead dude.
&
everything Ben Kingsley says in Sexy Beast
&
It's all real! - Galaxy Quest

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Can't remember the film but the three wise men walk into the stable, the first one ducks under the door but bangs his head.
"JESUS CHRIST !!!". He screams.
Mary turns round and says "thats a nice name, we was going to call him Albert".

(must have been monty python surely?)

Melvil

purpleR said:
bogus... heinous... most non-triumphant. Aw Ted, don't be dead dude.
&
everything Ben Kingsley says in Sexy Beast
&
It's all real! - Galaxy Quest

Agreed there - he's simultaneously scary and pee-my-pants funny! :ohmy::ohmy:

With thanks to Wikipedia's "Wikiquote" http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Main_Page

Arthur: I am your king!
Dennis' Mother: Well I didn't vote for you.
Arthur: You don't vote for kings!
Dennis' Mother: How'd you become king, then?
Arthur: The Lady of the Lake,... [Angel chorus begins singing in background] her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water signifying by Divine Providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. [Angel chorus ends] THAT is why I am your king!
Dennis: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
Arthur: Be quiet!
Dennis: You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!
Arthur: Shut up!
Dennis: I mean, if I went 'round saying I was an emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Top Bottom