1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favourite song ever? I've changed mine...

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by SamNichols, 14 Oct 2007.

1. SamNichols

SamNichols New Member

Right, I used to say something by Explosions in the Sky, or something like that. But, of late, I have realised that the best song in history is: We close our Eyes by Go West! I am being deadly serious here: that song is mind bogglingly good.
    However, it may be, because - like abitrary- I am a wee bit sozzled.

2. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

is he ever not? :biggrin:

anyhoo where can you download this oh-so-great track from- my bittorrent program is on my linux box and i can't be bothered to connect it to my modem

3. Brock

Brock Senior Member

www.seeqpod.com ?

4. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

oh THAT song...hmmm..
    can think of worse but a bit too 'snythy' for my liking

5. OP
    OP
    SamNichols

SamNichols New Member

I love it. It makes me dance. For some reason I'm really into crap 80s pop at the moment. It's a phase that I'll pass through soon - it's getting anti-social.

6. terry huckle

terry huckle New Member

National anthem of the USSR, as sung by the Red Army choir....very inspirational when driving to work.

7. Maverick Goose

Maverick Goose A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place

Crap 80s pop rules dude!:biggrin::becool:Ilight my torch and wave it for the new moon on monday!

8. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

I once really got into Cher's Believe single..believe me when I tell you I kept that particular obsession very quiet!

But favourite song at the moment? If I look up 'most played' on itunes it's 'Digital' by Joy Division - so that one must be my favourite.

9. CarnageAX

CarnageAX New Member

Whatever by Oasis.

Madchester for ever

10. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

That Go West bloke does have a great voice.

11. Mortiroloboy

Mortiroloboy New Member

For me it's Candi Staton's 'Young Hearts Run free', takes me back to a different time and place.:rolleyes::biggrin::biggrin:;):biggrin::rolleyes:

12. Big Bren

Big Bren New Member

'Temptation' by Heaven 17 is the track I'm most often yelling along to in the car atm; I love the overblown pomp of it - perfect 80's pop.

On the same cd, 'True Faith' by New Order, which is my second favourite song of all time. I sang it word for word today with the kids in the back of the car; at the end, my daughter said 'you don't sing like that man Daddy'.

Bren

13. pw2389

pw2389 New Member

Chelsea Girl by Simple Minds keeps running through my mind at the moment. And that's even further back: must be late 70s?

14. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

For sheer ridiculousness, it's hard to beat "Musclebound" by Spandau Ballet. Mind you, "True" is a great song, and "I don't need this pressure on" is pleasantly funky, if you like that sort of thang.

15. pw2389

pw2389 New Member

On a point of pedantry, I think it was called "Chant No. 1"... :biggrin: