Favourite song ever? I've changed mine...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SamNichols

Right, I used to say something by Explosions in the Sky, or something like that. But, of late, I have realised that the best song in history is: We close our Eyes by Go West! I am being deadly serious here: that song is mind bogglingly good.
However, it may be, because - like abitrary- I am a wee bit sozzled.

bonj2

is he ever not? :biggrin:

anyhoo where can you download this oh-so-great track from- my bittorrent program is on my linux box and i can't be bothered to connect it to my modem

OP
OP
SamNichols

SamNichols

bonj said:
oh THAT song...hmmm..
can think of worse but a bit too 'snythy' for my liking

I love it. It makes me dance. For some reason I'm really into crap 80s pop at the moment. It's a phase that I'll pass through soon - it's getting anti-social.

Melvil

I once really got into Cher's Believe single..believe me when I tell you I kept that particular obsession very quiet!

But favourite song at the moment? If I look up 'most played' on itunes it's 'Digital' by Joy Division - so that one must be my favourite.

CarnageAX

Whatever by Oasis.

Madchester for ever

Big Bren

'Temptation' by Heaven 17 is the track I'm most often yelling along to in the car atm; I love the overblown pomp of it - perfect 80's pop.

On the same cd, 'True Faith' by New Order, which is my second favourite song of all time. I sang it word for word today with the kids in the back of the car; at the end, my daughter said 'you don't sing like that man Daddy'.

Bren

pw2389

Chelsea Girl by Simple Minds keeps running through my mind at the moment. And that's even further back: must be late 70s?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
For sheer ridiculousness, it's hard to beat "Musclebound" by Spandau Ballet. Mind you, "True" is a great song, and "I don't need this pressure on" is pleasantly funky, if you like that sort of thang.

Top Bottom