favourite stages in grand tours this year?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

beastie

Guru
I have loved the classic type stages this year.

The Strada Bianchi in the Giro, the cobbles at the Tour and today at La Vuelta the finish was just like the mur de Huy.
Also in the Giro the mountain stages were all pretty awesome.

Does anyone else have any favourites

Stange

I have loved the classic type stages this year.

The Strada Bianchi in the Giro, the cobbles at the Tour and today at La Vuelta the finish was just like the mur de Huy.
Also in the Giro the mountain stages were all pretty awesome.

Does anyone else have any favourites

those were the three I would have chosen, although maybe the final stage of le tour for the way that Cav blew everyone away....but that's a different type of highlight i suppose

OP
OP
beastie

beastie

Guru
those were the three I would have chosen, although maybe the final stage of le tour for the way that Cav blew everyone away....but that's a different type of highlight i suppose

that was a good finish by cav, and the camera angle made it even more dramatic.

ChristinaJL

Same here with me, the strada bianchi stage in the giro, cobbles in the TdF and Cav's win on the Champs - that camera angle was fab. :thumbsup:

Ball

I agree with all of the above, particularly the Strade Bianchi stage of the Giro and the cobbled TDF stage. The Strade Bianchi one was juuuuuust epic, gargantuan even. It made the riders look like absolute warriors, the way they finished soaked in sweat and mud.

To mention another couple, the stage up the Zoncolan was pretty good, I really enjoyed Basso's Indurain-esque ride away from Evans, just sat in the saddle grinding away from everyone. Finally, stage 3 I think it was, of the Giro, where crosswinds shattered the entire peloton and allowed many of the big GC riders who'd lost time in the carnage from the first two days, back into the race. I've never seen anything like it, almost a 40-odd man breakaway, or two pelotons.

Top Bottom