Sagan`s second heart surgery in a month

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Peter Sagan's race to qualify for the Paris Olympics mountain bike cross country event hit another snag after his problems with abnormal heart rhythms resurfaced while he was training in Marseille.

The three-time road world champion announced that he would have to undergo a second surgery next week.

"Nothing to worry about, you could say that my heart needs a pit stop," Sagan wrote.
"I will undergo surgery next week and thanks to my friend, sports cardiologist Dr. Roberto Corsetti, I am sure I will be back in the saddle very soon."

Sagan's last surgery took place just three weeks ago when doctors implanted a monitor to track any irregular cardiac rhythms after excluding any serious issues with his heart.

The news comes two days after the Specialized Factory Racing team officially announced they had signed Sagan for the 2024 season.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
:sad:

I don't know who got rid of the former offending post above this one, but - thanks for that!

For those casting aspersions...

Symptoms and Signs of Athlete’s Heart​

There are no symptoms. Signs vary but may include
  • Bradycardia
  • An LV impulse that is laterally displaced, enlarged, and increased in amplitude
  • A systolic ejection (flow) murmur at the left lower sternal border
  • A 3rd heart sound (S3) due to early, rapid diastolic ventricular filling
  • A 4th heart sound (S4), heard best during resting bradycardia because diastolic filling time is increased
  • Hyperdynamic carotid pulses
These signs reflect structural cardiac changes that are adaptive for intense exercise.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
:sad:

I don't know who got rid of the former offending post above this one, but - thanks for that!

For those casting aspersions...

Symptoms and Signs of Athlete’s Heart​

There are no symptoms. Signs vary but may include
  • Bradycardia
  • An LV impulse that is laterally displaced, enlarged, and increased in amplitude
  • A systolic ejection (flow) murmur at the left lower sternal border
  • A 3rd heart sound (S3) due to early, rapid diastolic ventricular filling
  • A 4th heart sound (S4), heard best during resting bradycardia because diastolic filling time is increased
  • Hyperdynamic carotid pulses
These signs reflect structural cardiac changes that are adaptive for intense exercise.

oddly my last ecg test and prior i have no gap between the t and s wave , no idea if thats
linked and i do have a high BP without tablets

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's not good for him. Hope he get's it sorted.

I had some abnormal readings, many years ago, from a works health checkup - they said ' if we didn't know you rode a bike lot's, you'd be off to A&E'. That was about 20 years ago. No tests since.

It's more serious with someone his level. I hope he get's sorted as he's a 'character' in pro cycing, and came from XC MTB, did a load of winning on the road, and is going back to his roots. Class rider.

Look up his "parking a road bike on a car roof" video on youtube. Talented rider.

Top Bottom