Favourite Team

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Obviously the winners in cycling are individuals so you tend not to follow teams as you would in football. But I have to admit to being a bit of a OPQS groupie, soon to be Etixx-Quick Step. I think it must be the combination of Belgian heritage, mud, cobbles, Tom Boonen and of course Cav, and perhaps a reaction to all the cold boring numbers stuff that Sky do.
Looking back I guess I also had a bit of a thing for Peter Post's TI Raleigh squad of the 80's.
Anyone else got a favourite ?

Chris Norton

Z-peugeot was my team due to robert miller.

todays would probably be either garmin or sky with a healthy dose of quickstep in there for cav and the train.

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
A lad from just down the road rode for Banesto however, the teams (rather than a rider) I looked out for were Carerra and Z.

SWSteve

Guru
OGE and OPQS, in June you can add Team Wiggo to the list. I would love to say I have a favourite female team, at present I do not. But I do really like Rabobanks stuff on social networks/youtube.

OP
OP
Flick of the Elbow
My all time favourite domestic team would be the 1980's Falcon Cycles team of Phil Thomas, Sid Barras, Keith Lambert et al. Classic team strip, great looking bikes, and great racing at all those Kellogg's city centre crits broadcast by Channel 4. Great days :smile:

The Couch

Über Member
Teams OMG and WTF for me
You mean like Gewiss, Team Polti and ONCE? :blush:;)

Personally I am also a OPQS fan, especially the last years, they have been outstanding and (as I have said on here before) it is a small disgrace that with their amount of wins in 2014, they only were the 4th ranked team on the UCI ranking. I like my GTs, but do they really need to have such a big impact in the ranking? (or even why smaller tours like the Tour Down Under and the Beijing Tour are worth so much points)

Top Bottom