Favourite tipple?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
A good cure is a big fried breakfast, even if you don't really fancy it, but it works for me.
Favorite drink is lager type beers, can't get on with this real ale stuff.
Occassionally I take some red wine but I'm no expert on which one, if I like it it's good if I don't like it then it's not good.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slightly OT. Slightly OTT.
Today, Ardberg distillery are launching the largest bottles of malt. These bottles are on sale for the 'dram'atic price of £350 or thereabouts, for 4.5 litres.

The Vintage House in London has a '55 Bowmore for £4000 -but that's a 'little' bottle!

I'm thinking that these would become my favourite drinks as I wouldn't open them. ;)

Subduing idleness, here's a link to paradise ~

http://itn.co.uk/news/598106cbc968f7507db32ae97acadce0.html

Cab

Using the OPs categories:

On a hot summer's day: My own home made watermint wine, chilled. Or home made lemonade, again very cold.
On a cold winters evening, mulled blackberry wine. Or warmed metheglin (spiced mead).
At the pub, a pint of proper ale.
At a dinner party, well, it all depends on whats being served.

For 'inner contentment' and avoiding the dreaded hangover, proper homebrew wine (made with fresh fruit, herbs or honey) should be the way forward. If its made well its the safest, hangover free drink I know.

Blonde

I don't either - I cant drink any alcohol at all at the moment, but I never did drink much anyway, not even one unit a week. No reason to feel left out though - there's loads of nice things to drink, rooibos with rice miilk in it, mint tea, water with a squeeze of lime juice in it, the odd coffee...

an ice cold coke, that's been in the freezer, and is just starting to ice up so you get that icy mush at the top of the glass. love it!

Tetedelacourse

On a hot summer's day: Grolsch

On a cold winters evening: Port, or Glayva, or a sherry before dinner:biggrin:

At the pub: Grolsch or Guinness or OVD and coke

At a dinner party: weak beer in a futile attempt to remain compus mentus.

Hangover cure: drinking a pint of water with every 3rd pint of beer. If I forget to, which I usually do, then resolve is my only option. Jumping into a freezing cold river also does the trick but there aren't many about usually. Can't eat a thing until the next night time.

If I come home knackered (which is most days) and the sun is out there's nothing nicer than sitting on my deck with a chilled Sauvignon Blanc and some olives. Nothing really comes close to that. If it's really humid I like a G&T, but only very rarely.

Favourite beer is Black Sheep special bitter, but I also like Holdens Black Country Special, Landlord, Sleemans cream ale and Rickards Red (both Canadian beers), Sharps Doom bar...err, and a few others I can't remember (hic).

I also like a good cider. My favourite is Weston's organic and this one from Frome in Dorset I can't remember the name of...

I have shares in alkaseltzer.

Usually anything I can get my hands on except red wine or gin and 'garbage' beer - Carling, Carlsberg, that 'Brewed under license in the UK' rubbish.

Faves are Landlord and any Islay Malt except Laphroig

Another Real Ale buff!

Favourites are selections from Adnam's, Woodforde's (Norfolk not Essex) and Wychwood breweries.

Partial to Fuller's London Porter or Theakstons Old Peculier from Sainsbury's.

On a hot day, cider (without the friggin' Ice!). Aspell's organic goes down a treat.

Hangover cure is a couple of Red Bulls, however cycling immediately after is apt to blow your blood pressure!

Tetedelacourse

Kirstie said:
If I come home knackered (which is most days) and the sun is out there's nothing nicer than sitting on my deck with a chilled Sauvignon Blanc and some olives. Nothing really comes close to that. If it's really humid I like a G&T, but only very rarely.

Favourite beer is Black Sheep special bitter, but I also like Holdens Black Country Special, Landlord, Sleemans cream ale and Rickards Red (both Canadian beers), Sharps Doom bar...err, and a few others I can't remember (hic).

I also like a good cider. My favourite is Weston's organic and this one from Frome in Dorset I can't remember the name of...

I have shares in alkaseltzer.

Arr, sip, hoist the mainsail, sip, hic, 20 degrees nor'nor'east, sip:biggrin:

Top Bottom