Fear of road riding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
1809779 said:
Do they need the explanation?

No, laxatives ;)

OP, if you can just stay on b roads and cycle paths to begin with to build up your confidence. No one HAS to ride on busy roads and cycling is very much about your own individual enjoyment. Prepare yourself best you can and start at your own comfort level. From there i am betting you will find exactly what you want out of cycling. :-)

Well unless their commute route forces them to use them.
Totally Matthew, though in this instance i believe the original post was regarding cycling for leisure. It actually sounds more like a fear of what could happen in worst case scenarios. One must remember that the worst case scenario is living life in fear of things that will greatly effect your happiness......
If cycling makes you happy then find a way or route/s that allows you to cycle happy. Simples......

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Totally Matthew, though in this instance i believe the original post was regarding cycling for leisure. It actually sounds more like a fear of what could happen in worst case scenarios. One must remember that the worst case scenario is living life in fear of things that will greatly effect your happiness......
If cycling makes you happy then find a way or route/s that allows you to cycle happy. Simples......
Wise words.

Being a happy cyclist also releives stress. I have noticed that since I got the new helmet cam, I have been having fewer close passes and more friendly talks with pedestrians about the camera. This year so far, I have probably talked to about 9 individuals.

I am enjoying cycling a lot more now and can concentrate on the important things (like getting a high average and longer miles).

I have the benefit of being at a point at North Wales where I have access to the prom, and the Clwydian range. Both directions are normally peaceful and relaxing.

I think the OP should have a look at an OS map and plan a route which will avoid all the roads he fears, as well as give him the work out he wants.

Top Bottom