Feb/March Tour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
I have, (under duress), accepted a full time contract at work, the downside is that I was happy working 3 days a week, the upside is that I now have 15 days holiday to take before April 1st.

Feb/March, I don't like cold and cold + wet is definite no-no, where to go?

Joffey

Big Dosser
Majorca

Low Gear Guy

Veteran
Don't you warm up when you are cycling along?

We once went to Provence in March. Some days it was quite warm but this cannot be guaranteed.

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
How warm do you need it mark? Justvso you don't freeze/can enjoyably cycle?

Or are you looking for a tan?

Love a tan but not cold would do.

Southern Portugal

Think I will look at routes thanks, I do Spain too much and only have the Vigo area left to see & it'll be too wet/cold.

Don't you warm up when you are cycling along?

It's not that I can't physically do it but I don't get any enjoyment from riding in the cold and wet, none.

robjh

Legendary Member
Crete?
I think anywhere in the Med may still get damp and squally bits in February but will be looking a bit better in March. Southern mainland Greece can see some nice days, but they're by no means guaranteed, and the mountainous interior will still be cold and even snowy.

How far are you prepared to fly? Long haul? Cuba? India?

C.J

Über Member
I have, (under duress), accepted a full time contract at work, the downside is that I was happy working 3 days a week, the upside is that I now have 15 days holiday to take before April 1st.

Feb/March, I don't like cold and cold + wet is definite no-no, where to go?

We usually have 2 weeks end of Feb', and go to either Paphos or Albufeira. They both average about 20 degrees during the day. Bit chilly in the evenings (still wear my shorts though, and a fleece over a t-shirt. )

Costa del Sol is similar, we spend to much time in Torremolinos^_^^_^.

Or Gran Canaria / Teneriffe both nice in Feb'.

(You can see i spend to much time dossing about in the sun since i sold my lorries a while ago.:laugh::laugh:)

Crankarm

Guru
Portugal it is, may take in Jerez too, just to keep my hand in.:okay: Thanks for all the replies.

Gran Canaria off the west coast of Africa. It will be warm without being oppressive. The scenery is quite agreeable as well, beaches as well as mountains.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
Gran Canaria off the west coast of Africa. It will be warm without being oppressive. The scenery is quite agreeable as well, beaches as well as mountains.

Thanks, MrsF suggested there yesterday, some v.cheap flights out of Leeds too, I've never been.

Crankarm

Guru
Thanks, MrsF suggested there yesterday, some v.cheap flights out of Leeds too, I've never been.

It is a secret gem. You have to like climbing as there are lots of breathtaking mountain and coastal rides. Google a few images of if. You can hire road bikes quite cheaply and or mountain bikes. You won't be disappointed. Wild camping is a no no as it's illegal. If you are caught fines are heavy and if you happen to start a fire then jail. If you aren't feeling so energetic then you can hire motorbikes but obviously the cost is considerably more than a bicycle and of course you need a bike license, but you can see a lot more. Between Portugal and Gran Canaria I would say GC wins no contest.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
It is a secret gem. You have to like climbing as there are lots of breathtaking mountain and coastal rides. Google a few images of if. You can hire road bikes quite cheaply and or mountain bikes. You won't be disappointed. Wild camping is a no no as it's illegal. If you are caught fines are heavy and if you happen to start a fire then jail. If you aren't feeling so energetic then you can hire motorbikes but obviously the cost is considerably more than a bicycle and of course you need a bike license, but you can see a lot more. Between Portugal and Gran Canaria I would say GC wins no contest.

Gran Canaria it is then, I like cities so will take my chances with the cooler weather and stay in Las Palmas. That also makes it easier to see UD Las Palmas play v either Valencia or Seville.:okay:

Top Bottom