Feb/March Tour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crankarm

Guru
Gran Canaria it is then, I like cities so will take my chances with the cooler weather and stay in Las Palmas. That also makes it easier to see UD Las Palmas play v either Valencia or Seville.:okay:

Check out YT. There are some excellent videos showing the beautiful mountain scenery. I went about 15 years ago, spent 10 days in November riding around the island. Can highly recommend it. Only dilemma is whether to take your own bike or hire one there which saves all the hassle of dismantling yours, boxing it up and reassembly, twice. When there I would focus on the out of town sites rather than the towns/cities. The mountain landscape is just breathtaking.

clid61

Veteran
Morocco?

Southern Spain?

Morocco , damn sight cheaper than mainland Europe and friendlier

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
Check out YT. There are some excellent videos showing the beautiful mountain scenery. I went about 15 years ago, spent 10 days in November riding around the island. Can highly recommend it. Only dilemma is whether to take your own bike or hire one there which saves all the hassle of dismantling yours, boxing it up and reassembly, twice. When there I would focus on the out of town sites rather than the towns/cities. The mountain landscape is just breathtaking.

I no longer take one my own bikes for short trips, I've never missed them, even touring Catalonia on a well rented Decathlon hybrid didn't bother me.

jay clock

Massive member
I need to take a week off in March. In the past, I have been to Mallorca and Alentejo area in Portugal.

This year, I am thinking about Puglia.
I booked the southern tip of Italy for March a few years back and in the end changed as the weather was really looking a lot colder than ideal. We then rebooked for Andalucia and cancelled that too as the forecast was 10 days of rain a day or two before we left!

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
Ummm.......... I booked Alicante, the reason being I know good weather is guaranteed in Gran Canaria and that might well lead me to non-cycling activities.:cheers: Alicante will be variable and there is plenty of good rides to be had there, I fly out 26th January for 9 days.

jay clock

Massive member
OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
I got lucky, 16-18c all week and a decent tan.:okay: Alicante itself a great place to ride around, good cycle lanes, many directly down the centre of narrow one way streets meaning giving cycles priority holds up city centre traffic, yet this all seems just fine to Alicante's car drivers.

I'd read about a guy using a cycle lane all the way to Elche so knew there was one, disappointingly both tourist information offices told me there was no such thing. A bike rental place confirmed it's existence and was to show me it on Google maps on his shop's PC, it's a bugger to find the start of it, there are no signs at all, but it basically follows the A79 on a lovely 3m wide well surfaced path right into Elche centre. :smile:

Top Bottom