Fed up of fixing my bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Mm, so yes it's a bike.
Another mm - if the sprocket (singular) and chain only need changing every few years you surely can't be riding it that much. Either that or it is running at less than optimum efficiency. I accept of course that on a fixie the chain is not subjected to sideways flexing.
But also, you don't mind running the chain and cogs to near destruction so much (and you can much more than on a derailleur) when a rear sprocket is three quid and chainring twenty.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
You are entirely correct. Apart from all the various maintenance tasks required on a fixed gear bike, there is no maintenance required on a fixed gear bike
That's right. Like I said, fixies don't need fixing.

Mm, so yes it's a bike.
Another mm - if the sprocket (singular) and chain only need changing every few years you surely can't be riding it that much. Either that or it is running at less than optimum efficiency. I accept of course that on a fixie the chain is not subjected to sideways flexing.
I ride it every day. 'optimum efficiency'? I don't worry about that. I just enjoy riding my fixie. Which - did I mention? - never needs fixing.

Top Bottom