Feeling pretty stupid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sjw

So I've got this ebike which I love, it's blooming great to ride. Sturdy, heavy, comfy, etc
But BUT when I jump off the pedals at a stop, I fall over taking the bike with me. Done it twice now, luckily not chain side but still.
First time along my street with one witness. Today at a roundabout with the whole town's population looking on.
Like I said, it's a heavy bike ...

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Take your feet off the pedals before you come to a stop then you will be prepared.

Reactions: Sjw
OP
OP
Sjw

Sjw

I stop, put left foot on ground and keel over still holding bike. Right foot still on the pedal. I think it's a balance thing

D

Deleted member 26715

I stop, put left foot on ground and keel over still holding bike. Right foot still on the pedal. I think it's a balance thing
Ah okay, sounds like you maybe rushing & not being prepared by forward observation.

Reactions: Sjw

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.

Still puzzled.
If your foot is on the ground holding you vertically, then the cross bar either leans against your inner thigh, or you retain the bars in your hand, holding the bike vertically.
Or am I missing something?

OP
OP
Sjw

Sjw

Still puzzled.
If your foot is on the ground holding you vertically, then the cross bar either leans against your inner thigh, or you retain the bars in your hand, holding the bike vertically.
Or am I missing something?
You should have been there with the rest of the world to see me in action this afternoon!
could the bike be too heavy? And it's weight pushes me over? Is it possessed? Seriously, maybe it's too heavy or I'm not doing it right.
no clipins/less ... I'd be even more lethal!

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
You should have been there with the rest of the world to see me in action this afternoon!
could the bike be too heavy? And it's weight pushes me over? Is it possessed? Seriously, maybe it's too heavy or I'm not doing it right.
no clipins/less ... I'd be even more lethal!

Blimey, how much do you weigh?
I'd suggest trying to be a little more coordinated. If the bike is vertical from the ride, it should be easier to hold it there when you stop. As a precaution, get your leg out wider.
Someone like @Pale Rider who I think is an ebike rider, might have some suggestions.

OP
OP
Sjw

Sjw

carrera crossfire step thru about 22.5kg. I'm about triple that and 5'2 NOT blaming the bike, I know it's user error but don't want to be a danger in the road. I'm ok moving!

OP
OP
Sjw

Sjw

Or not far enough, if you drop your foot too close to the bike then lend the bike it can push, then you find you need to hop the left foot by which time it maybe too late.
THAT'S IT!!!!!! I hop to the left and take bike with me!!! What's the remedy? I've only got short legs ...

Top Bottom