feeling tired and drained...how long will it last?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I know what you mean last 2 weeks i have had to back of on the intensity a bit as i have had friday legs on monday morning along with hayfever i have felt drained.
Backed off from constantly trying to better my commute times ( was down to 35 mins for 10 miles with panniers 500 feet of climbing ) and concentrating on enjoying the ride and not worrying about time .

Legs have felt a lot better this week:biggrin:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
bromptonfb said:
could be what is up with me. i've just come down with a cold, could have been lurking for a few weeks. whilst i'm not happy about the cold, i'm happy now i know what was causing the tiredness (i hope).
Alternatively - you got overtrained and exhausted, that suppressed your immune system and that left you wide open to catching the cold.

It's an important difference. If you are only tired because of the cold, then it could be business as usual once the cold has gone. If the cold is a consequence of overtraining then launching straight back into it after the cold wouldn't be wise.

OP
OP
Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
ColinJ said:
Alternatively - you got overtrained and exhausted, that suppressed your immune system and that left you wide open to catching the cold.

It's an important difference. If you are only tired because of the cold, then it could be business as usual once the cold has gone. If the cold is a consequence of overtraining then launching straight back into it after the cold wouldn't be wise.

i really hope you are wrong. however i have had a sneak preview of my timetable and for the next 5 weeks it looks like i only have to in uni 3 days a week. that should help as well. it also means i may be able to attend one of your hilly rides colin ;).

i find out where my next placement is in few weeks, that will be quite far away i think, as i have already done the nearest one possible.

i hope it's not royal oldham as that is a very very hilly commute, i know because i did a one day course there. i hope i don't get that place for my winter placement of 10 weeks. goodness me imagine that horror commute, 50 miles return trip and over a thousand metres of climbing, on a brompton!! in winter!!!

Top Bottom