Feeling unfit and unmotivated? Let's ride.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jimmy Doug

If you know what's good for you ...
Sorry to hear about your mother. Sorry to hear about your health problems too. You're one of the most helpful people I've met on this forum. I would so love to meet with you for real and join you in your ride up north! If only I could ... Oh well, if you're ever done here! Good luck!

cubby

Über Member
Hi Cubist .... sorry to hear about your family problems and your hip :sad: Must say i have been finding it hard to get motivated just lately ... fell from 3 - 4 times a week on the bike to once if i were lucky :sad: Went up the Lakes at the weekend which was good, but amazing how quick your fitness drops ....

But am going to get back at it as of "NOW" as we are up at the 7 Stanes in 6 weeks and need to up the fitness levels for then ... :smile:

Would definatly be interested in joining you on some of your rides .... and will also start posting some of our rides on here too if it would help get the forum more active :smile:

Cheers

Any thoughts on this weekend?
It is my last free weekend for a while - Irish wolf hound sitting after that and would not be able to go far from home for 3 weekends and then we go on hols to Scotland for 2 weeks taking out another 3 weekends which takes me all the way to a week after Easter Sunday and into April! - of course if anyone is around during the week days let me know. I don't usually have transport other than my bike during the week but....

OP
OP
Cubist

Cubist

Still wavin'
sounds good to me. i want to do some more natural riding and just be out on the bike we could do with a thread for i am riding hear on such a date so people can opt in and out
Any thoughts on this weekend?
Would definatly be interested in joining you on some of your rides .... and will also start posting some of our rides on here too if it would help get the forum more active :smile:

Cheers

I could be up for something in the Peaks.

Keep me informed please.
Would love to join in on some organised (of sorts) MTB rides. Roman Lakes - do you mean Mellor area ? My doorstep !

Right. My injection's been cancelled, so I'm free to ride on Saturday. (I may be called into work on Sunday so that's a non-starter.)

I've got two routes in mind, one round Marple/Hayfield and the other based in Bakewell. Both are 22/23km or 14-15 miles, and reasonable graded routes. My idea would be to meet at either Roman Lakes car park or the Monsal Trail carpark in Bakewell around 10.00 -10.30 and set off with a snack in our packs, reckoning on 2-3 hours as a rough guide, but happy to take all day if necessary.

I'll try and get my GPS up and running!

Let me know if you fancy coming along. As I said, I can pick up en route and offer lifts comng from Huddersfield.

I'll post details of the route..... anyone want to express a preference?

simon.r

Person
Sorry, can't do this Saturday. If it's a success and you plan another ride please let me know - ideally 3 or 4 weeks notice would be useful so I can arrange things.

Right. My injection's been cancelled, so I'm free to ride on Saturday. (I may be called into work on Sunday so that's a non-starter.)

I've got two routes in mind, one round Marple/Hayfield and the other based in Bakewell. Both are 22/23km or 14-15 miles, and reasonable graded routes. My idea would be to meet at either Roman Lakes car park or the Monsal Trail carpark in Bakewell around 10.00 -10.30 and set off with a snack in our packs, reckoning on 2-3 hours as a rough guide, but happy to take all day if necessary.

I'll try and get my GPS up and running!

Let me know if you fancy coming along. As I said, I can pick up en route and offer lifts comng from Huddersfield.

I'll post details of the route..... anyone want to express a preference?

will speak with my OH tomorrow and see if he is happy to rearrange when we do the shopping and can change when we visit my mother (given I was there today, changing it is not an issue) and hopefully yes... what sort of grade are you thinking of? I ask only because it is a long while since I last did any red routes and have lost a touch of my confidence - hate being the only female and holding everyone back etc...

OP
OP
Cubist

Cubist

Still wavin'
will speak with my OH tomorrow and see if he is happy to rearrange when we do the shopping and can change when we visit my mother (given I was there today, changing it is not an issue) and hopefully yes... what sort of grade are you thinking of? I ask only because it is a long while since I last did any red routes and have lost a touch of my confidence - hate being the only female and holding everyone back etc...
It isn't graded. I've just plotted the route on Garmin Connect, and it's all wide track with a bit of narrow thrown in. I can't see any technical stuff. MBR rated it medium, but that could be simply distance- I can't see any features that would raise it above blue. Don't worry about holding anyone up, that 's the whole point. We go at whatever pace it takes.

I've decided to go with the Bakewell route. It takes us south down the Monsal Trail, along paths and tracks to Rowsley Village, then North through Rowsley Wood to the stone circle above Beeley Plantation, then West to Calton Houses, up through Chatsworth Park to Edensor, and back down to Bakewell. Total 14 miles.

I'll see if I can work out how to link to the route from the Garmin site.

It isn't graded. I've just plotted the route on Garmin Connect, and it's all wide track with a bit of narrow thrown in. I can't see any technical stuff. MBR rated it medium, but that could be simply distance- I can't see any features that would raise it above blue. Don't worry about holding anyone up, that 's the whole point. We go at whatever pace it takes.

I've decided to go with the Bakewell route. It takes us south down the Monsal Trail, along paths and tracks to Rowsley Village, then North through Rowsley Wood to the stone circle above Beeley Plantation, then West to Calton Houses, up through Chatsworth Park to Edensor, and back down to Bakewell. Total 14 miles.

I'll see if I can work out how to link to the route from the Garmin site.
sounds good - next time I get to talk to my OH I'll see if he is up for it as well (if that is OK...)

Top Bottom