Feeling unfit and unmotivated? Let's ride.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Motozulu

Über Member
Yep, a spring meet would be great. I've always wanted to ride Cannock anyway, so we can sort a ride there as well.

Yep deffo mate. As others have said will travel to wherever - not done Sherwood yet but my mates have and it's very similar to Cannock they say - aside from the red route being more 'flowy' than Cannock's and not as technical/tricky.

lukesdad

Im working in leicester in april can t do the weekend of the 5th as thats Banjo s Dragon ride but one of the others could be possible don't mind camping us welsh mtbers is 'ard ^_^

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Would love to join in on some organised (of sorts) MTB rides. Got a very capable old skool rigid MTB, goes uphill well, but the 'driver' is a bit crap coming down hill !

Roman Lakes - do you mean Mellor area ? My doorstep !

OP
OP
Cubist

Cubist

Still wavin'
Would love to join in on some organised (of sorts) MTB rides. Got a very capable old skool rigid MTB, goes uphill well, but the 'driver' is a bit crap coming down hill !

Roman Lakes - do you mean Mellor area ? My doorstep !
Yep, souff Madchestor, Marple

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
I'd love to join you... Mrs Kes is somewhat broke atm, so opportunities to get out and about are limited - but I can usually sneak off for an hour or so early on a Sunday morning.

Let me know if you fancy a quick blatt round the local trails anytime - I'm only in Holmfirth so pretty close for off the cuff rides.
I'm mainly roady based, and as I get older my sense of self-preservation has got stronger - so nothing too lairy for me :smile:

mickeydrippin60

Veteran
sounds good to me. i want to do some more natural riding and just be out on the bike we could do with a thread for i am riding hear on such a date so people can opt in and out

lukesdad

sounds good to me. i want to do some more natural riding and just be out on the bike we could do with a thread for i am riding hear on such a date so people can opt in and out
there is the informal rides thread and a calendar but as its mtb probably best to discuss it here then list it when its sorted.

02GF74

Über Member
live too far away, consider yourself lucky you have interesting mtb terrain on your doorstep, down here in the sunny south, near london,, we have may have better weather but sod all interesting places to ride. ggrrr......................

North Somerset has a a great many places (that I haven't yet discovered!^_^) on an MTB. My excuse? Well, I wouldn't want to get the bike dirty and I'm such a newbie. And I'm a roadie.

But of course I'd be lying about the first bit and thanks to your input, with others, I bought a reasonably good MTB which bears your user-name. So, if you're ever down here Cubist, then I'd be glad to hook up.

I'm out tomorrow looking for some new territory to ride and a place I take the road bike - Burrington Coombe - might just fit the bill given the weather. Reckon I might get wet...

All the best mate and have a good 'un wherever your track takes you...

OP
OP
Cubist

Cubist

Still wavin'
Well, that's one plan undone. I was about to suggest an inaugural meet at Roman Lakes this weekend, but my Mum was taken into Hospital with a heart attack on Weds, so rather selfishly I stuck the bike in the car and called in for a quick blast round Sherwood Pines on my way down to see her this morning (Saturday). Great fun, but boy has the trail got chewed up in places. It always suffered a bit from braking damage, but two of the best berms are now unridable thanks to what have become bottomless quagmires just as you need to be setting up for them.I was going to suggest next weekend, but have been booked in for a steroid injection into the hip joint on Friday and have been advised cycling would not be a good idea for a couple of days. So, stand by for the weekend after next.

Top Bottom