Feet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

eldridge

hi everyone

I went on the turbo trainer this morning for about an hour in my garage, once I'd come off my toes were freezing cold and numb! I've had this ongoing problem for a while with my feet/toes getting cold/numb do you think it could have anything to do with the position of the cleat?

I am desperately trying to get to the route of this problem

Any help/advice is appreciated.

Eldridge.

shoes too tight could also cause the same problem

Levo-Lon

Guru
Well the turbo seems to have caused more circulation issues than riding my bikes..

cold little man..numb at times..
feet get cold from time to time..

i think its all to do with seat angle..i keep adjusting with varying results..

though tight shoes are guranteed to make your feet feel cold

OP
OP
eldridge

eldridge

Well the turbo seems to have caused more circulation issues than riding my bikes..

cold little man..numb at times..
feet get cold from time to time..

i think its all to do with seat angle..i keep adjusting with varying results..

though tight shoes are guranteed to make your feet feel cold
Adjusting the seat ah, I'm pretty sure the height is correct. Do you think dropping the nose of the seat down a touch would make a difference?

Thanks

OP
OP
eldridge

eldridge

Ball of foot should be mid point on the cleat (over centre of axel)
Pretty sure I'm in the mid point, but will check again.

Thanks

vickster

Legendary Member
I have a set of Altura 3mm neoprene over shoes still get frozen to a point were it is very painful.

Thanks
Have you had your circulation checked? Or perhaps do your training in shorter blocks rather than all in one go? Get the circulation back into your feet? Unclip every 20 minutes? Have you had a bike fit done or at least spent time getting the set up right

Or move the turbo indoors and get a fan?

OP
OP
eldridge

eldridge

Is there a vent under the toe of your shoes? Block it for the winter with silicon. Wear thick socks and don't over-tighten your shoes. You can buy toe protectors for cold toes: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-toe-cover-overshoe/
Thanks for the reply, I have already filled the hole with silicon.and tried most things to try and keep them warm and circulated but still to no avail!

Cheers, may get some toe protectors on top of the Altura overshoes.

Cheers

OP
OP
eldridge

eldridge

Have you had your circulation checked? Or perhaps do your training in shorter blocks rather than all in one go? Get the circulation back into your feet? Unclip every 20 minutes? Have you had a bike fit done or at least spent time getting the set up right

Or move the turbo indoors and get a fan?
I may have to bite the bullet and go for a proper bike fit. Circulation checked how do I do that?

Thanks

vickster

Legendary Member
I may have to bite the bullet and go for a proper bike fit. Circulation checked how do I do that?

Thanks
Speak to a doctor? Unless it only happens on the bike then it's likely down to the bike. Try loosening your shoes and wearing thicker socks?

Top Bottom