Felt F95

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andyfraser

Über Member
I took delivery of a new 2014 Felt F95 this afternoon. This is more a first impressions than a review but I couldn't find a more appropriate forum for this.

The bike is the £365 Merin boxed deal so I had to set up the brakes and gears myself. The groupset is Shimano Sora which seems perfectly fine now I've finally stopped tweaking it (me being anal rather a problem with the bike).

Having spent the last year exclusively riding my Kona Dew Delux the Felt feels very light at 9.8Kg. It has a very light and nimble feel without being twitchy. I was a little worried that the 11-25 cassette would make the hills round here a little on the tough side but I needn't have worried. 34x25 on the Felt is actually easier than 38x32 on the Kona, possible due to the Kona's extra weight.

The stock 23mm tires were actually much more comfortable than I was expecting. I pumped them up nearly to their 120psi max and the ride was still much smoother than expected. I'm sure the carbon fork helps here too. I was planning on getting some 25mm tires tomorrow but I might just go for some more puncture resistant 23s. Advice on this most welcome though.

Overall I'm very impressed with the Felt F95. It looks great and handles superbly. Easily worth the £365 I paid for it.

Before:
DSCF2269.JPG

After:
DSCF2273.JPG

simo105

I brought this bike a few months back! Im chuffed with it! Ive put schwalbe luganos tyres on as recommended by a friend.

Drago

Legendary Member
I've got the closely related F85. What a joyous frame. For someone too heavy for carbon (not a single manufacturer I've contacted rates their carbon frames above 105kg) it's a revelation. Stiff, light, comfortable, with a wonderful feel. I'm enjoying mine very greatly.

OP
OP
andyfraser

andyfraser

Über Member
I've got the closely related F85. What a joyous frame. For someone too heavy for carbon (not a single manufacturer I've contacted rates their carbon frames above 105kg) it's a revelation. Stiff, light, comfortable, with a wonderful feel. I'm enjoying mine very greatly.
I know what you mean. I just went and dug out my lights because I want to go out again. The only reason I'm not is because I forgot to get batteries.

It's been a long time since I had a road bike so I don't have much to compare my F95 to but this is the most fun I've had on a bike in many, many years.

Drago

Legendary Member
And now the 2015 range is out the remaining 2014 stock is being sold at knockdown prices. I paid barely 60% of RRP for my 14 model - it's the closest yet to bikes on the NHS!

OP
OP
andyfraser

andyfraser

Über Member
And now the 2015 range is out the remaining 2014 stock is being sold at knockdown prices. I paid barely 60% of RRP for my 14 model - it's the closest yet to bikes on the NHS!
I know! Mine was almost an impulse at the price.

OP
OP
andyfraser

andyfraser

Über Member
If you're on Strava then seek out the Felt Owners Club group.
I signed up for Strava only this morning. I'd been using Garmin Connect for a long time and looked at Strava out of boredom waiting for the delivery van. Thanks for the tip. ^_^

simo105

Ive also joined felt owners club on strava! I dont seem to find many felts about so its nice to have something different.

Top Bottom