Felt F95

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
andyfraser

andyfraser

Über Member
@andyfraser - do you have a link for where you bought it from please? :thumbsup:
I do but they sold out and were redirecting to the £419 shop built version. http://www.merlincycles.com/felt-f95-road-bike-2014-72321.html

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
Your uphill gear ratios are nearly the same- hence the similarity (1.2 and 1.4), bike looks really nice and we've got a few days of nice autumn weather still to come! Enjoy.

OP
OP
andyfraser

andyfraser

Über Member
Your uphill gear ratios are nearly the same- hence the similarity (1.2 and 1.4), bike looks really nice and we've got a few days of nice autumn weather still to come! Enjoy.
Thanks for that. I thought there'd be a logical explanation for my uphill performance. ^_^

I actually got up early on a Sunday during my holiday hoping the weather would be nice and it is. I probably won't get out until 10am (catching up with Dr Who first) but at least my intentions are good. My loop uses a main road for a mile or so and I want to avoid some of the traffic.

OP
OP
andyfraser

andyfraser

Über Member
I think there are all sorts of reasons why someone would need to spend twice the price to get what they need. In a couple of years that could be me. At the moment there are some great deals around and I'm in a place where it makes sense to take advantage of them.

Drago

Legendary Member
Same here Andy. I'd whittled my list down to CAAD, Defy and F85. They were all great, but the F was the sharpest ride by a decent margin.

Having made that decision I then started scouting around for the best price and that's when I discovered Wiggle doing the outgoing 2014 model for £540, reduced from £800. They're now selling the last few at a miserly£499, barely half price for some lucky punter. I think that because it's more of a niche brand they tend to get overlooked more than the main players,now retailers discount them all the more heavily to clear unsold stock.

Couldn't believe my luck!

And then, after some negotiation, Wiggle also threw in a £60 FSA seat post as the bike was was mis described on their website (they had mixed up the spec a bit with 75 which has a carbon post and 105).

OP
OP
andyfraser

andyfraser

Über Member
I almost overlooked Felt. It's only because I was able to see them at my LBS (although at a much higher price) and read about them here I started checking out other reviews and moved them to my short list. I'm glad I did!

Drago

Legendary Member
I must admit that when I look at TT bikes in the Spring I'm going to include Felt on the shortlist, especially as hand made TT bikes are how Jim Felt first came into the scene. I've not felt(pun intended) so keen about a brand since I first rode the Giant XtC950 in 2001 and was similarly blown away.

The Felt branded finishing kit looks good, though time will tell. The attention to details is fanatical - tiny little things like Felt s own cable adjusters instead of generic Taiwanese ones, Felt branded Jagwires, even colour coded cable ferrules. And it's so much nicer to be able to say your bike and frame were manufactured in the USA and not the far east - I known it meaningless really you can't eat it, but its still nice to be able to say it.

Last edited:

Doyleyburger

Veteran
Iv had my Felt Z85 since end of August and I'm amazed by the quality. Originally went to the bike shop to look at Giants but my attention was immediately directed over to the felt. So much bang for your buck. I have since taken it on many long outings including a four day adventure from London to Paris. It performed exceptionally. The build quality and the finish is first class and I would imagine all the felts are to the same standard. Congrats on getting your bike at that price .....cracking deal there and I would imagine half the fun is getting to build it yourself anyway. Didn't know there was a felt group on strava..... Will check it out now :thumbsup:

Top Bottom