Ferguson 3367 Radiogram with Garrards 6.200C Turntable.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
sounds about right... my old yet much newer record player always cuts out early on most 7" singles (45rpm) as they tend to have a smaller lead-out. It's more than a tad annoying.
You can adjust the 'lift off' point on those.

AuroraSaab

Veteran
We had a very similar one when I was a child. Still got quite a big collection of 60's singles my cousin gave me. Good luck with the sale. It deserves to find a good home.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
There's a mechanism on the underside of the platter, on some it is adjusted with a grubscrew on others it can be 'tweaked' with pliers to hit the activator later. If you move the arm in and out without the platter fitted it should be obvious where the link attached to the bottom of the tonearm activates the return mechanism.
Thanks... I removed the platter, then had a look on the bottom of the deck... it took some finding as it was in an obvious place under one of two screwcaps right by the anti-skate :wacko: After listening to the last minute of BA Robertson's Cool in the Kaftan about twelve times, and adjusting the screw this way and that, trying to fathom which way is what, i thought I'd have another look under the other screwcap by the anti-skate, and with the arm in its cradle, the actual adjuster is revealed... got there in the end :okay:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Thanks... I removed the platter, then had a look on the bottom of the deck... it took some finding as it was in an obvious place under one of two screwcaps right by the anti-skate :wacko: After listening to the last minute of BA Robertson's Cool in the Kaftan about twelve times, and adjusting the screw this way and that, trying to fathom which way is what, i thought I'd have another look under the other screwcap by the anti-skate, and with the arm in its cradle, the actual adjuster is revealed... got there in the end :okay:
Yep it's a fine balance between it lifting too early on 45s and not lifting on LPs, tbh I'd sooner have it not lifting on LPs than cutting singles short. I do use a non auto (Thorens) turntable though. :whistle:

EDIT - I think the other screw will be for the 'autostart' position where it drops the tonearm onto a recording with a 'multiplay spindle.' fitted, a lot have the facility part fitted (for ease of manufacture) even if they have no multiplay spindle.

Last edited:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Yep it's a fine balance between it lifting too early on 45s and not lifting on LPs, tbh I'd sooner have it not lifting on LPs than cutting singles short. I do use a non auto (Thorens) turntable though. :whistle:

Same here.... got a few LPs that end with a closed groove and auto lift just defeats the object, although the mighty King Gizzard preempted this issue and put their closed groove in early. One day i'll buy myself a proper turntable, but that's way down my current want list.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Same here.... got a few LPs that end with a closed groove and auto lift just defeats the object, although the mighty King Gizzard preempted this issue and put their closed groove in early. One day i'll buy myself a proper turntable, but that's way down my current want list.
You could have picked a 2nd hand one up real cheap a few years back, not now though. :sad:

Top Bottom