Ferrybridge Power Station

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Went there on a geography field trip in late 70s.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Here we go, Ferrybridge from Sheffield, before and after.

20210619_165336-jpg.jpg

Same spot but top one's a bit more zoomed in. Ferrybridge on the horizon towards the left, Drax to the right.

Edit: bit hazy today but you can just about make out the cooling towers if you know where to look.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
That was always one of the landmarks we looked out for on the family's trips up North to see my grandparents in Redcar. I had a sort of disgusted fascination with the glimpse we used to get from the M1 at the scum/foam packed river leading from the power station under the motorway.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
That was always one of the landmarks we looked out for on the family's trips up North to see my grandparents in Redcar. I had a sort of disgusted fascination with the glimpse we used to get from the M1 at the scum/foam packed river leading from the power station under the motorway.
A lot of the foam is dead things believe it or not, sea or river life primarily made of protein which foams when broken down and aerated. Yet it would surprise you how much life thrives around water outlets, inlet water screens are cleaned routinely and are routinely rancid

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
A lot of the foam is dead things believe it or not, sea or river life primarily made of protein which foams when broken down and aerated. Yet it would surprise you how much life thrives around water outlets, inlet water screens are cleaned routinely and are routinely rancid
Isn't it because outlet water contains residual heat which attracts all kinds of life? Algae, bacteria, Man Utd fans?

Top Bottom