Fess up!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
palinurus said:
Pulling out, making a right turn from a minor road, in front of a car that I somehow failed to see (good visibility and sight lines)

Making a left turn at a t-junction immediately behind a Range Rover and somehow failing to register it was pulling a trailer.

Filtering on the right in a long queue of traffic and hitting a ped who was crossing (in an entirely predictable place).

Oh dear, that all makes you and executive member. congrats!!

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Going straight across a crossroads without stopping because I didn't brake until way too late (steep hill, sort of misjudged it). It was like frogger.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
ChrisKH said:
My name is Chris and I'm an arse. I once lived at the brow of a hill and parked my car outside my house and run in to pick up some paperwork before picking up Mrs KH from the station. Now this is a big mother of a hill and is parallel to the Bread and Cheese Hill on the Southend Fnrttc. I'm just putting a key in the lock of my front door when I see movement out of the side of my eye.

F"£$!, my car is moving on it's own down the hill! I must have left the handbrake off! I sprint to the car, put the key in the lock, turn it and it snaps off in the lock! F!"£! F!"£!
I'm going to kill someone! Visions of me in prison somewhere being done for manslaughter, AAARRRRRRRGGHHHHH. I start to cry.

Fortunately the car ran down the hill, across the road and into my neighbours garden and hit a tree. I was so lucky. But I was an arse. :blush::blush:
I've been in the car when that happened, about 12 at the time, in the back seats with childlocks on. no one else in the car. It starts to roll down the hill. I climb into the front, and jump out. The car rolls down the hill and smacks into some old biddies wall. she didn't even notice. i thought it was fun :biggrin:

threefingerjoe

Über Member
30-something years ago, recently married, and we hadn't gotten used to each other's habits, yet. One habit of hers, was to ALWAYS lock doors. One day, I was mowing grass in the back of the house, and she left out the front, locking me out of the house. Upon realising that I was locked out, I lost my temper, and after a few minutes of silent ranting and raving, I decided to make what use of the time that I could.

I needed to replace a leaky rear transmission seal in my pickup truck. I had the new seal in the truck. My tools were in the truck. The truck was unlocked. Truck was parked on the street in front of the house...pointing uphill. I slid under on the curb side, and started removing the driveshaft. Still furious about her locking me out of the house, it didn't occur to me that the parking brake wasn't applied, (automatic transmission) and the only thing keeping it from rolling away was that the transmission was in "Park". So, after removing the U-bolts, I couldn't pull the rear universal joint apart. (the torque caused by the weight of the vehicle wouldn't let it move.) So, I gave the shaft a good yank, and out it came! That's when I realised that the truck was rolling away, with me under it! If you want to see a fat man move, you should have seen me scrambling backwards up over the kerb on my back! Then I ran around the other side of the truck, opened the door, and stepped on the brake, stopping the truck about 4 inches from my neighbour's car...and at an angle, halfway into the street! (This is the point where I looked, sheepishly around, to see if anyone had seen what I'd just done!)

longers

Legendary Member
Ben Lovejoy said:
"Perhaps you'd like to direct your remarks to the driver?". I looked. It was a left-hand drive car and I'd been ranting at the passenger.

We had that crossing into Germany from the Czech republic. My GF was driving and we missed the signs for the border and shot through it at 30mph into a gravel trap.
The moustachioed Border Guard with the machine gun and mirrored sunglasses gave me a lot of grief before he realised it wasn't me driving. Then he just let us go, no problem at all.

I'd like to confess to being an arse and not being able multiply 18 by 2.
It isn't 32 as I came to realise tonight when my LBS explained why they'd been unable to build a wheel from the hub and rim I'd given them last week.

I wouldn't mind so much but I also learnt in the visit that previously used spokes aren't suitable for rebuilding a whole wheel and I could have just cut them out*, saving a few for spares instead of patiently dismantling them by hand.

*or not, if I'd not been an arse.

SPHDS

My father once cycled into the Kennet and Avon canal after misjudging a bridge. He scrambled out, realised the bike was still in the drink and so went back in for it! Lets just say we could smell him coming up the garden path! And he had almost made it home without incident - he was about 100yds from our house when it happened!

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
longers said:
I wouldn't mind so much but I also learnt in the visit that previously used spokes aren't suitable for rebuilding a whole wheel
Eh? Why not? Is this just LBS BS, or is there something to it?

Top Bottom