Festival in a day at Hyde Park

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rugby bloke

Veteran
This was the 3rd year we had attended, again a fantastic line up had been put together.

I thought Travis did a great job of kicking off proceedings, they have long been a favorite so it was great to finally see them live. The afternoon's music was quite mellow, in keeping with the dozy mood induced by the sunshine and alcohol ! Gregory Porter is certainly pure class. Not totally convinced by the Quo's acoustic set, saw them play an old school set last year and I think I enjoyed that more. Madness were as much fun as ever and Sir Elton - started off well (had fun discussing with my 13 year old daughter why he may have started with "The Bitch is back", had a bit of a dip in the middle, looked to be finishing strongly but we had to leave before the end to make sure we got out train.

Anyone else at the Festival ?

yep, middle aged hell.

apart from Madness

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Nah. I was at Bestival watching the middle-aged get all d&b gangsta stylee to Kano, Sean Paul and Wiz Khalifa, and the young folk get off their tits on NO2 and ketamine.

The Cure and The Human League and Ride were brilliant though. Sink the Pink give great dance party. Craig David is a super DJ.

Top Bottom