Festive Fare: what are your Christmas "must haves"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm not the biggest fan of all the commercialized Christmas brouhaha, but I do love the food at this time of year. It's just that mix of tradition and seasonality that just seems to come together in such a great way. And there are some things that you just HAVE to have - else it wouldn't be Christmas.

Like nuts and those big nets of clementines and chocolate coins... And Christmas Eve wouldn't be Christmas Eve without herrings, vegetable salad and Lebkuchen. Whereas Christmas Day certainly wouldn't feel right without a large serving of Xmas pud...

Then there's the peripheral bits like a giant pork pie, nice charcuterie, chutneys and pickles, far too much cheese, along with things like mince pies, marzipan fruits, candied chestnuts, speculoos and gooey chocolate desserts...

So what are your must haves when it comes to the festive spread?

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Brussels sprouts.

D

Deleted member 26715

I can send The Grinch to Phaeton for company.:laugh:
I very much dislike that film
Actually, might be better to send a box of mince pies and some clementines instead... :whistle:
You can keep the pies but I'll take the clementines
Don't forget a load of sprouts.:okay:
Yes please

Jameshow

Veteran
I'm not the biggest fan of all the commercialized Christmas brouhaha, but I do love the food at this time of year. It's just that mix of tradition and seasonality that just seems to come together in such a great way. And there are some things that you just HAVE to have - else it wouldn't be Christmas.

Like nuts and those big nets of clementines and chocolate coins... And Christmas Eve wouldn't be Christmas Eve without herrings, vegetable salad and Lebkuchen. Whereas Christmas Day certainly wouldn't feel right without a large serving of Xmas pud...

Then there's the peripheral bits like a giant pork pie, nice charcuterie, chutneys and pickles, far too much cheese, along with things like mince pies, marzipan fruits, candied chestnuts, speculoos and gooey chocolate desserts...

So what are your must haves when it comes to the festive spread?

I'll be round at about 3pm Christmas day!!

mikeIow

Guru
Brussels sprouts.

Smashed garlicky cheesy sprouts…….loads of roast potatoes, honeyed parsnips, carrots…..mmmmm 😋
Terrys chocolate orange for snacking on throughout the festive period….mince pies & brandy butter…..
I like Christmas puds, but nobody else here does, so it’ll be homemade sticky toffee pudding for us…I can put up with that! 👍
Oh, & plenty of drink and good family company 🥂🍻😎👍

Top Bottom