Fetching a bike by car..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Astra? Golf?Taking both wheels off ?
Youse lot are lightweights.
I can get my 60cm frame size bike (with just the front wheel off) into a Citroen C1 !

Pah, lightweight :hello: ...i can get my Ribble in the back of my Ford Focus (seats down)...as below

I can fit my bikes in the back of my 5 door Astra (G-series) without removing any wheels :smile:

Edited to say....errr citroen C1, thats a supermini innit...not bad going with with front wheel off :thumbsup:

My plan is/was to buy a bike in Spain.. if they are too dear (like motorbikes and cars are) I will be coming to the UK and buy one then.
Are they that more expensive in Spain?

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Are they that more expensive in Spain?

I am going on my motorbike with a mate, and we are going to have a look round some bike shops on thursday, but I have read on here that a triban 3 from decathlon in the UK is £300 so I will check and see what they are in decathlon in Malaga.. at an excahnge rate of 120 euros to the pound they should be 360 euros but I bet it will be nearer 500 euros..
They will be dear I'm sure.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
I can get anyone of my bikes in the back of my Vauxhall Corsa when the back seats are dropped with the front wheel off.
I put a layer of sheets down to protect car and bike.
It is even easier with both wheels off. Get yourself a rear chain grip/keeper to keep the chain under tension when the back wheel is removed. This will save the chain being slack and slapping on the frame risking damage to paint work and getting oily marks everywhere.

GrasB

Veteran
As a plan B I might have to come to the UK to buy a bike, I know you can buy bike racks, but if I took the front wheel out of the bike and I dropped the back seats of my car would the bike fit in.. I have an Astra hatch 4 door.. or is that pushing it a bit..
An astra should be a doddle, I can get a bike in the back of a Cinquecento with a rollcage installed!

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
I am going on my motorbike with a mate, and we are going to have a look round some bike shops on thursday, but I have read on here that a triban 3 from decathlon in the UK is £300 so I will check and see what they are in decathlon in Malaga.. at an excahnge rate of 120 euros to the pound they should be 360 euros but I bet it will be nearer 500 euros..
They will be dear I'm sure.

EUR 424 according to their website

D

Deleted member 23692

I've had a unboxed MTB (minus front wheel) and a new boxed road bike in the back of my Astra G hatch - both fitted very easily with the back seats down

Top Bottom