Fettlin' days...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Nowt better than a bit of fettling especially when it gets another machine ready for the road.

OP
OP
Daddybus

Daddybus

Über Member
Fettling day 2 ... Bearings done, sturmey converted to pulley, rat traps done, brakes un-squeeled, HUGE k.o.t.r. light fitted & a bell. I'm officially calling this one finished! I love the almost steam-punk look to the front end & it rides really well.. Chuffed.
IMG_20160129_165548.jpg

yadder

Fettling day 2 ... Bearings done, sturmey converted to pulley, rat traps done, brakes un-squeeled, HUGE k.o.t.r. light fitted & a bell. I'm officially calling this one finished! I love the almost steam-punk look to the front end & it rides really well.. Chuffed. View attachment 117308
Congratulations! Think set light on my old bike also how you. Like look!

@Daddybus you managed to shame me into getting out and fixing something, and thanks to you, managed to sell two of my collection this weekend!

The first one the Raleigh Elan in remarkably good condition was to a work mate (TBH all it needed was a polish and quick tune up, but I ended up stripping the back brake to make it work better), then his friend was so jealous he bought my Raleigh Sirocco that I built from frame up! Didn't really want to sell this one I've enjoyed riding it so much, but a man's gotta do....

That's now left me with space to build up the two frames I've had hanging about (literally) since the autumn and a few quid to look for my next couple of potential acquisitions: I quite fancy something steep angled and racy, missing that Sirocco already :sad::headshake:

Top Bottom