Few things

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Got a few strange things.
When i'm standing up and sprinting, or putting some power down standing up going up a hill my right knee always sticks out.
My left leg really looks like it has more muscle on the quadricep(i think, on the outside of the upper leg.) Why will this have happened?
My left tricep is hurting me slightly when i stretch it. I did alot of work in the big chain ring going up hills, and really put alot of power in. My left arm is the weakest because when i canoe its always been on my right, so i have better muscles on the right, wimpy ones on the left. It was slightly chilly yesterday and i was in a jersey, has it got anything to do with it?
Got any answers?

Joe

col

Legendary Member
It seems that because your knee is sticking out,it isnt getting the muscle as much as the other leg,so you have more strength in the left muscle than the sticking out knee one,and without realising it over time favour the left,so it ends up doing most of the work.

ASC1951

Guru
I have this in a milder form - in fact we are all more or less lopsided and, as Col says, general exercise can make that worse. My physio Magic Pam told me to get some light ankle weights, perch my bum on the edge of the chair, stretch the weaker leg out, rotate it outwards and do repeated leg raises. It works.

Your problem may be something quite different, so it may be worth having a session with a sports physio to come up a series of specific exercises. I go for a yearly inspection anyway on the grounds that it's a lot cheaper than having my Astra serviced and I always come away feeling better.

Top Bottom