Fewer drivers on the roads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just went to see a pal in Welwyn Garden City. The roads weren't exactly empty, but there were far fewer cars than I've ever seen - we went over the Dartford Crossing round to the A1 (M) and up to WGC, through various speed restrictions, without once getting held up or sitting in a queue. Unheard of for the Dartford Crossing on a Saturday.

Anyone else noticed this? Are the fuel prices starting to bite?

krushavik

I have a chalet in a small village called Cromwell near Newark. The village is next to the A1 and I have noticed over the past few days I've been here that traffic noise has certainly decreased.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Just went to see a pal in Welwyn Garden City. The roads weren't exactly empty, but there were far fewer cars than I've ever seen - we went over the Dartford Crossing round to the A1 (M) and up to WGC, through various speed restrictions, without once getting held up or sitting in a queue. Unheard of for the Dartford Crossing on a Saturday.

Anyone else noticed this? Are the fuel prices starting to bite?

Fear of middle eastern crisis spiralling the fuel costs up. Or just a footie match on nearby?

gbb

Legendary Member
I dont use a car much, but travelling to Hull last week, then another trip to London a few days later...i distinctly noticed how very few cars were hammering along.
So so few cars in the outside lanes on motorways, many many cars just driving at reasonable speed, in an orderly fashion. It was quite refreshing.
Fuel prices has to be the answer...i know its hurting me. That trip to Hull used to cost me circa £25 sometime last year...this trip cost me £35.

I dont use a car much, but travelling to Hull last week, then another trip to London a few days later...i distinctly noticed how very few cars were hammering along.
So so few cars in the outside lanes on motorways, many many cars just driving at reasonable speed, in an orderly fashion. It was quite refreshing.
Fuel prices has to be the answer...i know its hurting me. That trip to Hull used to cost me circa £25 sometime last year...this trip cost me £35.

So you are getting 30 mpg out of your car at a rough calculation.

Get a Diesel car and you will get double that and so do the trip for £17.50 in fuel.

Top Bottom