FFFffflippin' heck that was fffreeezing!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

...just did the daily 35km loop, autumn has arrived it seems....cold northly wind....i had a cycle T shirt on under by Altura night vision jacket and some specialized arm warmers...also had some nike neoprene overshoes on...erm...but because of wiggles out of stock policy (i.e always out of stock of my size) my legs and dangly bits are now numb.....I got passed by two roadies out in just vests and shorts....please call me wimp;)xx(

stevenb

BTFB...you big ...nah...I don't blame you mate...it is far colder out there today than it has been for a long time.
If I get cold I find I get cramp easily.
Will wear the long sleeve jersey, cycle shorts and the trusty Ron Hill Bikesters over the top in the cold.

Chris James

Über Member
At the weekend I noticed several of Yorkshire's finest roadies had migrated to tighst and l/s jerseys. Maybe they are so fit they don't get hot climbing hills.

I put a gilet on my usual summer kit and was still a bit warm.

APIII

I took a 2 hour spin this afternoon and yes, it was on the chilly side. The strong winds meant it felt like I was cycling through treacle. It was only when I got home that I discovered my rear brake pads were rubbing xx(

stevenb

I hate cycling in windy conditions...really saps yer energy....and chills yer exposed bits.....woolly beanie hat under yer helmet time soon. xx(

PrettyboyTim

I quite liked the temperature for my (7 mile) commute today, wearing T shirt and shorts. Pretty nippy at the start, but I warmed up as the ride continued. by the time I finished, my hands had actually warmed up. The cool thing was that it was cold enough to stop me sweating much, which is a nicer way to arrive at work.

I was riding in London though, it's probably a few degrees warmer than the rest of the country, and of course I was only riding a fifth of the distance of bigfattallbloke...

pw2389

Bigtallfatbloke said:
...just did the daily 35km loop, autumn has arrived it seems....cold northly wind....

Yes, I've come back from a quick 38-mile spin and yes it was decidedly colder than yesterday. I was in shorts and long-sleeve top but still felt it. I, too, blame it on the chilly northerly wind. xx(

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Yes, it's that time again to get out the longs and the fleecy tops. Make sure you all check your batteries in your lights as well. Unless of course you have a dynamo set.xx(

ash68

certainly chilly this morning going in and ended up wet coming home. Winters on it's way folks.Time to wrap up well and keep those tootsies & fingies snug and warm.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Shorts and short tops...blimey....... Generally always have tights on, yep even when warm - (I like toasty legs) - Today.... shorts, long bottoms and long top (with under garment) for me - gloves and another top tomorrow am... Rather be warm than cold as my legs shut down if cold....Dry today whoooooo.... and sweat like soaked sponge !

Top Bottom