Fiat advert

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

007fair

Slightly off topic, but if road tax VED is charged on CO2 emissions, why do I have to pay £53 per year for my 600cc motorbike? Emission values are not available for it, but as it does about 60mpg then the CO2 emissions can't be too high. Obviously only having 2 wheels and weighing less than 200kg means it doesn't cause so much wear and tear on the road, or take up much space. Even 50cc bikes doing 120mpg have to pay VED; 'snot fair!
Your 53 quid pays for the ambulance ?

Touches wood...

Brandane

Legendary Member
Your 53 quid pays for the ambulance ?

Touches wood...

£53 more than gets paid for yours if you come off your pedal bike! So not really relevant, is it? Just as road building and maintenance comes out of the common tax pot rather than VED and fuel duty; so does the NHS get funded by common taxation. Or do we ban any sport with a risk factor, which must include cycling BTW?

007fair

£53 more than gets paid for yours if you come off your pedal bike! So not really relevant, is it? Just as road building and maintenance comes out of the common tax pot rather than VED and fuel duty; so does the NHS get funded by common taxation. Or do we ban any sport with a risk factor, which must include cycling BTW?
I wasn;t being totally serious .. But I think 'one' is much more likely to need an ambulance with a motorbike than a pedal bike (and I think the stats bear that out. Sh*t .. now you are going to ask me for proof. I don't have any! its just my opinion based on general observation).

The emission issue with cars is just to encourage drivers to buy more efficient cars, so government can hit their CO2 targets. Most people don't see motorbikes as an alternative to a car and I'm sure the government doesn't wants to encourage people onto motorbikes.

Top Bottom