FIFA shows its muscle!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JamesMorgan

After Nigeria's inept performance in the World Cup the Nigerian Government has decided to ban the team from all competitions for the next 2 years.

This is blatant political interfering which is clearly in breach of FIFA rules. For once, FIFA appears to be showing some muscle and has given a 48 hour ultimatum for this decision to be reversed. If this is not done then FIFA will impose its toughest sanction - to ban the Nigerian team from all competitions.

It remains to be seen whether this will be for the full 2 years.

U

User169

Good luck to the Nigerians - I hope they tell Sepp Blatter to shove it.

Will1985

Über Member
Shame - sport and politics should not mix....

....except where it concerns the French government putting the French players in their place ;) Should happen to all professional ball kicking pansies.

pity the england team aren't banned for a while to sort their act out. maybe 5-8 years to let the current dross get too old to play.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
So let me get this straight.
The Nigerian government will stop the football team from playing in any tournaments for 2 years.
And FIFA has said that if they do go ahead with the ban then Fifa will impose a sanction and ban Nigeria from tournaments.

You couldn't make it up..;)

mark barker

ianrauk said:
The Nigerian government will stop the football team from playing in any tournaments for 2 years.
And FIFA has said that if they do go ahead with the ban then Fifa will impose a sanction and ban Nigeria from tournaments.

Its up there with excluding kids from school as a punishment for truancy! Pure genius!

U

User169

ianrauk said:

The FIFA sanctions would be broader than exclusion of the national team from tournaments.

Top Bottom