Fifth Gear returns

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Fifth Gear has returned on a couple of satellite channels.

Strictly, it's now Fifth Gear Recharged because it's concentrating on electric cars.

Vicki Butler-Henderson has aged well, and Jason Plato still looks fit, if grey.

A new presenter is Karun Chanduk who already does quite a bit on Sky F1.

He's a keen cyclist.

In the first episode he races a new Citroen electric mini-car which Butler-Henderson nearly manages to put on its side.

Overall, the programme is a lot less laddish than Top Gear, offering some useful gen on the cars featured rather than gormless light entertainment.

Overall, a bright start.

https://www.radiotimes.com/programme/b-gu7oql/fifth-gear-recharged-season-1/?episode=b-99z4n3

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I liked Chanduk when he used to do the F1 pits info on terrestrial tv.

The Citroen isn;t even, technically, a car
it is a quadricycle - hence it doesn;t have to comply with most of the safety laws
and it look about as stable and good looking as a Reliant Robin - but slower!:eek:

Just watched 'Top Gear', not really sure why, as McGuiness annoys me so much:cursing:
He was going on about the speeds in gears of the Victor

Ha!, the AC Cobra 427, was hitting those, back in 1965!
1st = 65MPH
2nd = 90MPH
3rd = 124MPH
4th = 165MPH
Dependant on specified gearing, of couse

Just watched 'Top Gear', not really sure why, as McGuiness annoys me so much:cursing:
He was going on about the speeds in gears of the Victor

Ha!, the AC Cobra 427, was hitting those, back in 1965!
1st = 65MPH
2nd = 90MPH
3rd = 124MPH
4th = 165MPH
Dependant on specified gearing, of couse

I quite liked TG this week. The stuff about the AM Victor was bobbins. A 2 million pound car ? Irrelevant.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
just watched it , i like citroen`s comment " city car not designed for racing" erm teenagers wtf do they think the kids are going to drive responsibly?

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
just watched it , i like citroen`s comment " city car not designed for racing" erm teenagers wtf do they think the kids are going to drive responsibly?

A teenager could just as easily turn over a little hatchback.

That Butler-Henderson doesn't know how to drive this type of vehicle is hardly Citroen's fault.

I could fall off my bike, but I wouldn't be blaming the manufacturer.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
A teenager could just as easily turn over a little hatchback.

That Butler-Henderson doesn't know how to drive this type of vehicle is hardly Citroen's fault.

I could fall off my bike, but I wouldn't be blaming the manufacturer.
i think she has a better of how to drive than anyone on here i was merely pointing out that given the generally give a teenager /young adult the means to get about then their liable to push the envelope, if something is unstable due to design then it need more development

Last edited:
Top Bottom