fill that hole website

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have reported a really ****ed up section of road using that sites report feature. Apparently the reports on there are public so how do I view other reports? Im curious about how many times the same hazard has been reported.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
I use Fixmystreet and on there you can see markers on the map where other people have made reports. Maybe there's a similar feature.

I tend to re-open old 'incidents' that I have made if the same thing has been closed as fixed and is not. but today's batch of 6 reports are all new ones.... 5 will get seen to because they are in Cheshire West & Chester... one is East Cheshire which hasn't got a hope of ever getting fixed but it did nearly bring me off my bike when I hit the hole a while back in the dark & filled with water, so it is worth a try but I don't hold out much hope...

I have also taken to being more descriptive... one of my recent descriptions (of the A49) was :whistle:
Don't know how to explain, resembles dried cracked skin only in tarmac.
The entire section of road now seems to be being resurfaced from what I saw last time I cycled it...

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Last one I reported was fixed in under a week. Saw another (well just missed it in the dark tonight) can't decide whether to report the limited view I saw or to wait till I next pass that way for more details.

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
one is East Cheshire which hasn't got a hope of ever getting fixed but it did nearly bring me off my bike when I hit the hole a while back in the dark & filled with water, so it is worth a try but I don't hold out much hope...
Report it anyway. It's good insurance if you hit it again, or if there are so many unfixed that you can prove they are generally negligent when you hit a different hole.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I'm thinking of leading a spot the pot-hole ride for my cycling group, see how many we can report in one ride.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Ah, but there's the beauty of it. Leave one person to take the photo, log the position and make notes (and report it/them when they get home) while the others ride on. Won't be long before everyone catches up again, especially with the "wait at junctions where we turn off" rule.

Ah, but there's the beauty of it. Leave one person to take the photo, log the position and make notes (and report it/them when they get home) while the others ride on. Won't be long before everyone catches up again, especially with the "wait at junctions where we turn off" rule.
perhaps 'your' roads are in better condition than up here... I would need around +60 riders for that idea and most would end up riding by themselves due to the number of holes in the road....:laugh:

There are so many flags on the map of the roads around here you can hardly see the road, can't see them ever getting this mess sorted out :sad:
Actually I think it will sort itself out, there are so many potholes in Cheshire that I believe the council is playing a cunning waiting game, eventually all the potholes will join up and there will be an even surface again :smile:.

Chris S

Legendary Member
You could always do some guerilla gardening in the holes to make a point?
11254167_10153260907991427_5621516509076305236_o.jpg

Attachments

• 11254167_10153260907991427_5621516509076305236_o.jpg
    11254167_10153260907991427_5621516509076305236_o.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 9
Top Bottom