Film of cyclist knocked off bike and bike run over.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
She was probably "driving on autopilot" - we've all done it. Ever had that experience of arriving at the end of your journey and realising that you have no conscious memory of parts of it?

Not concentrating on what you're doing is the cause of a lot of collisions.

Ok, am I seeing this wrong, but the driver of the silver focus didn't knock the cyclist off, but somehow failed to noticed a fallen cyclist diving across the junction and running over his bike. What happened to the driver in the black car who did knock the rider down?

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
She was probably "driving on autopilot" - we've all done it. Ever had that experience of arriving at the end of your journey and realising that you have no conscious memory of parts of it?
Yes but usually on long straight sections, never a junction!

She was careless and probably panicked when she heard scraping and just decided to plow on, thats the scary bit to me. Strange scraping noise? STOP!

I have almost hit a cyclist in a similar position, I was turning left onto a one way street, checked left, clear, checked right, clear, started to move, looked forward in time to slam on as a cyclist came up the one way street the wrong way. It would have been my fault if I hit him even if he shouldn't have been there, it was a warning to me to never take anything for granted.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I think the appropriate response to "I didn't see you" is probably "No sh*t, Sherlock" - what they mean is "I didn't keep a proper look out".

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Ok, am I seeing this wrong, but the driver of the silver focus didn't knock the cyclist off, but somehow failed to noticed a fallen cyclist diving across the junction and running over his bike. What happened to the driver in the black car who did knock the rider down?

He pulled over and came to assist, he is the guy in red pants.

If you mean what was the punishment, 6 points and a £230 fine.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
At least the driver pleaded guilty. How do insurance company execs sleep at night when they are making money for their company by trying to get their customers to commit perjury.
And I'm sure there could be someone in the court system that could either download the software to play the camera evidence or convert a copy to system they can play.

The law is
250px-Equus_hemionus_kulan.JPG

6 Points ????
£230 ????
I hope the blind woman gets more for wasting the courts time. Though I doubt it somehow.

Drago

Legendary Member
In a criminal court it's not perjury under the 1911 Perjury act - only a witness can commit pejury, be it a prosecution or defence witness. The defendent is entitlted to tell the most outrageous fibs they like in their defence, and it's permitted generally .

On a related angle, it does nark me - kill a cyclist and you might get 3 years if you're unlucky. Defraud the HMRC and you would get 5-10 in the chokey. Shows where their real priority lies.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
She only looked right - wholly inexcusable but very common behaviour in this situation. I would expect this to be a pretty clear-cut case and for her to be found guilty of careless driving.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Ive noticed in a few of these videos and the sad story about the female cyclist killed by the allegedly tailgating vans, that when road users check for vehicles, if they can see half/most of a lane is clear its often enough for them to decide that theres no vehicles there because they arent thinking of bikes/motorcycles. To me it highlights that its worth being extra cautious especially when were obscured by vans if only briefly.

Top Bottom