Films that Bombed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PBancroft

Stardust is a quality film, based on a quality book.

But back to the point, there are several films on that list I've never seen but meant to. Sahara, for one - I think I remember watching the start but got sidetracked. I would like to see John Carter, it sounds like a fun, silly film, and considering the budget I've not seen much marketing for it.

There are plenty of bad films which have been successful. Entrapment springs to mind.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I (or, rather, Daisy, because it was she who monopolised his attention) had dinner with somebody who produced a hundred million dollar film that grossed about eighty - in other words it lost the studio a cool sixty million dollars. He's not worked on anything big since.

Mind you, the awards weren't that great either - it won Worst Supporting Actress, Worst Supporting Actor, Worst Screen Couple, Worst Picture, Worst Actress, Worst Screenplay, and Worst Director. The Worst Actress accepted her statuette with the words 'Thank you for putting me in a piece of shoot, God-awful movie . . . It was just what my career needed', which is a bit rich, because she was the worst thing about the film. The really odd thing is, however, that when you looked down his roster of films, there were some you thought of as being great successes - but, actually they lost money too. In fact the great majority of films lose money, with the studios hoping to goodness that something like Fast and Furious happens. Of course, when it does, the sequel(s) are a certainty.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I think these days all films make a profit eventually due to dvd sales... any fool can spend £3 in HMV/Asda to watch a film and pass it on to the charity shop the next day

Globalti

Legendary Member
Zardoz with Sean Connery and Charlotte Rampling; absolutely dire. Directed by John Boorman the father of the bloated oaf Charlie.

BSRU

A Human Being
I (or, rather, Daisy, because it was she who monopolised his attention) had dinner with somebody who produced a hundred million dollar film that grossed about eighty - in other words it lost the studio a cool sixty million dollars. He's not worked on anything big since.

Mind you, the awards weren't that great either - it won Worst Supporting Actress, Worst Supporting Actor, Worst Screen Couple, Worst Picture, Worst Actress, Worst Screenplay, and Worst Director. The Worst Actress accepted her statuette with the words 'Thank you for putting me in a piece of shoot, God-awful movie . . . It was just what my career needed', which is a bit rich, because she was the worst thing about the film. The really odd thing is, however, that when you looked down his roster of films, there were some you thought of as being great successes - but, actually they lost money too. In fact the great majority of films lose money, with the studios hoping to goodness that something like Fast and Furious happens. Of course, when it does, the sequel(s) are a certainty.
I guess Halle Berry in Catwoman.^_^

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I guess Halle Berry in Catwoman.^_^
could be.........

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
The Hunger Games sounds like it will be the latest shower of sh*te.

....Well, my sister likes it, so it bound to be utterly shocking.

My daughter (almost 12) is bouncing off the walls with excitement waiting for the film to come out. She read all three books in two days over Christmas, and she's been lending them to all her mates to get them into it too. To top it off, an American friend of mine is a Hollywood costume designer & made the outfits for one of the main characters in the film, so my daughter has a distant connection with it by association. That has just added to her thrills!

Fortunately, she's going to see the film with my ex during the Easter hols, so I get to avoid sitting through it ^_^

just jim

"Sahara" was alright, I couldn't quite see the money up there on the screen apart from the opening title sequence which was very good.

Top Bottom