Films you've watched again and again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
Most have been mentioned! I'll divide them up:

Guilty pleasures: "Predator". And it's sad that I can quote lines from it as I've seen it so many times ("son of a bitch is dug in like an Alabama tick" I'd quote more but "I ain't got time to bleed"). I'm also going to throw in "The Day After Tomorrow" and "Dante's Peak", like I said, guilty pleasures. I also quite like "District 9" too.

More serious stuff:
"One Week" and "Darjeeling Limited" (certainly it's the journey with these films)
"The Third Man"
"Cool Hand Luke"
"Dr Zhivago"
"Jaws"
"Alien"
"The Shawshank Redemption" (there was no justice in the Oscars for that year IMHO but that's another story)
"Fargo"
"Back To the Future"
"Batman Begins"
"Raiders of the Lost Ark"
"Zulu" ("front rank.... fire!")
"Last Orders" (maybe as I don't live in the UK anymore and I'm getting older, but I love rewatching this).

Seasonal:
"A Christmas Story" and "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" are standard for the Christmas Holiday season for me, particularly "A Christmas Story" which I find so poignant. Every Groundhog Day I watch... "Groundhog Day". The only film with Bill Murray in I actually really enjoy.

Comedy:
"Life of Brian" and "Monty Python and the Holy Grail"
"The Naked Gun"

I'm sure I'm missing loads.

Last edited:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Goodfellas

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I give you my favourite film which I've watchet any number of times

Two Lane Blacktop. It's a cult classic with hardly any dialogue and the cast are listed as Driver, Mechanic, Girl and GTO - the latter is a bulshitting character driving said car magnificently played by Warren Oates.
Some people think it's slow and nothing much happens. They're not wholly wrong but i's still a masterpiece and my favourite film

Others I can watch again and again include classics like The Ladykillers, Whiskey Galore, Ice Cold in Alex.

Guilty pleasures include the Matrix films. Ok they are a bit pretentious and daft but each time one is on tv I find myself watching it again.

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
Oh! Ice Cold In Alex! Of course!

I give you my favourite film which I've watchet any number of times

Two Lane Blacktop. It's a cult classic with hardly any dialogue and the cast are listed as Driver, Mechanic, Girl and GTO - the latter is a bulshitting character driving said car magnificently played by Warren Oates.
Some people think it's slow and nothing much happens. They're not wholly wrong but i's still a masterpiece and my favourite film

Others I can watch again and again include classics like The Ladykillers, Whiskey Galore, Ice Cold in Alex.

Guilty pleasures include the Matrix films. Ok they are a bit pretentious and daft but each time one is on tv I find myself watching it again.

gbb

Legendary Member
One of the only films I remember watching over and over (maybe 6 times in a year) was Time Bandits.
Marvelously pythonesque, just a crazy stupid journey across time and space.

Adam4868

Guru
Anything by Wes Anderson
Fargo
Most of scorsese films
Best film in recent years ? I really enjoyed The Master with Philip Seymour Hoffman.
Nearly forgot Snatch !

stephec

Legendary Member
Von Ryan's Express
Where Eagles Dare
The Eagle Has Landed
The Guns of Naverone
Escape to Victory
The Battle of Britain
633 Squadron
Carry On films
Bond films