Films you've watched again and again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Yes, yes, yes. exquisitely observed and cringingly funny in places. They don't get the repeats they deserve.
They do if you have the DVDs.... and A Mighty Wind is the only film i have where i always end up watching all the extras every single time :smile:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I love movies but there are none I've watched more than a couple of times...maybe three at the most, and that's a handful. I can listen to music I like any number of times, but movies, no. I've wondered why the difference many times, but never come to any firm conclusions. I think it's something to do with the whole nature of a story - when you know exactly what happens next, for me at least it's lost a major part of what makes it enjoyable. I hardly ever read books more than once either.

MarkF

Guru
I love movies but there are none I've watched more than a couple of times...maybe three at the most, and that's a handful. I can listen to music I like any number of times, but movies, no. I've wondered why the difference many times, but never come to any firm conclusions. I think it's something to do with the whole nature of a story - when you know exactly what happens next, for me at least it's lost a major part of what makes it enjoyable. I hardly ever read books more than once either.

All my favourite films are foreign, it was the same when I was a teenager, the filtering out of bullshit filler dialogue makes you imagine more.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
One of the only films I remember watching over and over (maybe 6 times in a year) was Time Bandits.
Marvelously pythonesque, just a crazy stupid journey across time and space.

Brilliant film; an absolute joy. Another one I take off the shelf for a rewatch every now and again.

Reactions: gbb

mustang1

Guru
Premium Rush
QuickSilver
There are others but can't recall. Those two are some of the more recent ones.

I do watch TV shows often though:
Fawlty Towers
The IT Crowd
An Idiot Abroad
Several others. Mainly comedies.

AndyRM

XOXO
Das Boot? That's a true classic.

Or what about K-19: The Widowmaker, which I've seen a dozen times at least.

But possibly not Down Periscope? :laugh:

The Enemy Below is my favourite sub film. The tension is incredible.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Prompted by the Time Bandits suggestion I'd add The Fifth Element. In a way a slight film without any real depth or seriousness, but wonderful entertainment, lovely to look at, superb craftsmanship in from actors; designers and filmakers alike and a joy to watch.

pplpilot

Guru
Glengarry glen ross. Dialogue driven brilliance from Pacino, Baldwin, lemon and stacey
Goodfellas. I shudder to think how many times I've sat through this.
Shawshank redemption. What more needs to be said?
Reservoir dogs. Utterly brilliant.
Pulp fiction.
Jackie Brown.
The Firm ( Tom Cruise)
Snatch.
Lock stock.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Right, apart from the submarine films I've listed up thread, there are:

Ronin
Local Hero
It's a Wonderful Life (every Christmas, without fail, in black and white - none of that 'colourised' nonsense)
The 39 Steps (the original one - the Kenneth Moore one is tolerable, certainly not the Robert Powell one and definitely not the Rupert Penry-Jones one)
Con Air (Nic Cage's finest 2 hours on screen)
Bringing Out The Dead (a very different Nic Cage film)
Shawshank Redemption
Goodfellas
Pulp Fiction (still Quents finest work)
Once Upon A Time In Mexico (a rare Johnny Depp film that isn't pants)
The Matrix (the original ("I know kung-fu"), not the bobbins sequel and threequel)
Heat
Star Wars (Episode IV, if you must)
Gladiator
Blade Runner
Clint's Spaghetti Westerns

And there are bound to me more I've forgotten to list.

Guilty pleasures? Most stuff by Luc Besson, a lot of the stuff on the SyFy channel that is clearly "inspired" by something made by someone else - and the Sharknado movies, obvs.

Honestly, if it wasn't for the bike I could easily spend every weekend watching movies. :okay:

Top Bottom