Films you've watched again and again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Smokey & The Bandit (first one)
Convoy
Hooper

Every Which Way But Loose

The Lord of The Rings (all 3)

The DamBusters

Batman; Sub Zero (& Mask Of The Phantasm)
Just loving that 'Dark Deco' as it was named, Mark 'SkyWalker' Hamill voices The Joker, in this animation (as he did in the TV animated series too)

Nightmare Before Christmas
Chicken Run

The Dukes Of Hazzard
No!!, not the appalling remake (only saved by Linda Carter!!), but the 2 original cast movies

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
The 39 Steps (Hitchcock one only)
Rear Window
Charade
North By North West
Galaxy Quest
The Magic Christian
Friday Night And Saturday Morning
The Wicker Man (not the remake)

And another 'feel-good film' is the 1990's remake of 'The Beverley Hill-Billies'

Granted, not Oscar winning material, but you can't help but smile as you watch it, & it does look as they had so much fun making it^_^

The end credits/'bloopers', with Diedrich Bader, playing Jethro; the dumb as an Ox nephew, & his cousin Jethrina, make for amusing viewing
(he was later to voice an animated Batman, in http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/bravebold/media/ )

Getting a scoop, by persuading Dolly Parton to appear was also good
Buddy Ebson, the original Jed Clampett also features

D

Deleted member 26715

1. Glengarry glen ross. Dialogue driven brilliance from Pacino, Baldwin, lemon and stacey
2. Goodfellas. I shudder to think how many times I've sat through this.
3. Shawshank redemption. What more needs to be said?
4. Reservoir dogs. Utterly brilliant.
5. Pulp fiction.
6. Jackie Brown.
7. The Firm ( Tom Cruise)
8. Snatch.
9 .Lock stock.
This is very interesting, well to me at least, 2-9 I agree completely but No1 I thought was complete & utter dross, my brother in law, who I also normally agree on films with, also thinks it's fantastic, I just can't see the attraction, maybe I need to try again.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
This is very interesting, well to me at least, 2-9 I agree completely but No1 I thought was complete & utter dross, my brother in law, who I also normally agree on films with, also thinks it's fantastic, I just can't see the attraction, maybe I need to try again.
Glengarry Glen Ross is a rock solid 24 carat masterpiece. The direction is flawless, the acting is all absolutely top notch, and they're delivering the best script in the history of cinema, bar none.

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
Because I'm a bit of a sad individual who enjoys numbers and statistics, I thought it would be fun to pull out some data from this thread, and see if there are any trends.
Sorry this post is so long, but it may be of interest. Here we go, then.

275 movies have been individually named - I've ignored generic mentions, e.g. Laurel & Hardy, Aldomovar direction, Carry On etc.
26 movies (9% of total) scored 3 or more mentions.

The ranking from bottom to top, then;
3 mentions
16= Amelie
16= Bladerunner
16= Blazing Saddles
16= The Bourne Identity 1
16= Forrest Gump
16= Gladiator
16= Glengarry Glen Ross
16= The Godfather 1
16= The Guns Of Navarone
16= The 39 Steps (Hitchcock original)
16= True Grit
4 mentions
9= Alien
9= The Big Lebowski
9= Fargo
9= Ice Cold In Alex
9= Life Of Brian
9= National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
9= Zulu
5 mentions
6= Saving Private Ryan
6= Snatch
6= 2001 - A Space Odyssey
6 mentions
4= Reservoir Dogs
4= Star Wars 4 (in the current sequence)
7 mentions
2= Pulp Fiction
2= The Shawshank Redemption

…and your most watched film with 8 mentions is…

1 Goodfellas

So what are the trends? You lot like war and violence, with a small leaning toward spaghetti westerns, submarines and art house material.
I was particularly surprised and pleased to see Dark City pop up, as it supported Times Square on release (back in the day when there was a support movie) and promptly vanished without trace. I'd personally love to see it again as I really enjoyed this slightly weird take on modern city life.
I thought highly regarded films like The Firm (1), Withnail And I (2) and Trainspotting (1!) would do better.
Finally, an honourable mention to the individual who admitted to rewatching The Human Centipede 1 & 2. I've not seen any of the trilogy, but I know the premise, plot and synopses. I think I'll pass on it, myself.

Last edited:

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
You can add another mention for The Big Lebowski to the list.

And I've seen Groundhog Day approximately as many times as Bill Murray lived through it (and unlike @rich p I'm not joking)

Also...
The Matrix (the original ("I know kung-fu"), not the bobbins sequel and threequel)

Hell yeah! Many is the time I've delayed going to bed because ITV2 is showing The Matrix yet again. But the sequels... I've seen them both once, and that was one time too many.

Various others that people have mentioned would be on my long list as well, but those three are the ones that stand out in recent years.

Apocalypse Now

AndyRM

XOXO
Because I'm a bit of a sad individual who enjoys numbers and statistics, I thought it would be fun to pull out some data from this thread, and see if there are any trends.
Sorry this post is so long, but it may be of interest. Here we go, then.

275 movies have been individually named - I've ignored generic mentions, e.g. Laurel & Hardy, Aldomovar direction, Carry On etc.
26 movies (9% of total) scored 3 or more mentions.

The ranking from bottom to top, then;
3 mentions
16= Amelie
16= Bladerunner
16= Blazing Saddles
16= The Bourne Identity 1
16= Forrest Gump
16= Gladiator
16= Glengarry Glen Ross
16= The Godfather 1
16= The Guns Of Navarone
16= The 39 Steps (Hitchcock original)
16= True Grit
4 mentions
9= Alien
9= The Big Lebowski
9= Fargo
9= Ice Cold In Alex
9= Life Of Brian
9= National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
9= Zulu
5 mentions
6= Saving Private Ryan
6= Snatch
6= 2001 - A Space Odyssey
6 mentions
4= Reservoir Dogs
4= Star Wars 4 (in the current sequence)
7 mentions
2= Pulp Fiction
2= The Shawshank Redemption

…and your most watched film with 8 mentions is…

1 Goodfellas

So what are the trends? You lot like war and violence, with a small leaning toward spaghetti westerns, submarines and art house material.
I was particularly surprised and pleased to see Dark City pop up, as it supported Times Square on release (back in the day when there was a support movie) and promptly vanished without trace. I'd personally love to see it again as I really enjoyed this slightly weird take on modern city life.
I thought highly regarded films like The Firm (1), Withnail And I (2) and Trainspotting (1!) would do better.
Finally, an honourable mention to the individual who admitted to rewatching The Human Centipede 1 & 2. I've not seen any of the trilogy, but I know the premise, plot and synopses. I think I'll pass on it, myself.

Good read, thanks!

To my eternal shame, I'm another in the Centipede camp. I think I've said before on here that I admire the concept of the trilogy (and there genuinely is one), but it's badly let down by really terrible film making. You can make repellent horror on a budget if you know what you're doing, Tom Six doesnt.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Not all of these are brilliant, but I'm taking the thread title literally...

Singin' in the Rain
North by Northwest
Don't Look Now
The Court Jester
Wonder Man
The Happiest Days of Your Life
Murder, She Said
The Ladykillers
Y Tu Mama Tambien
Sleepers
A Night at the Opera
E.T.
Jurassic Park
The Princess Bride
Young Frankenstein
The Green Man
Two-Way Stretch
The Owl & the Pussycat
For Pete's Sake
What's Up Doc
Funny Girl
The Hound of the Baskervilles (1939)
High Society
Brighton Rock
Dr Strangelove
Once Upon a Time in the West
Beat Street
Top Hat
Swing Time
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
Trading Places
On the Town
The Wizard of Oz
The Sound of Music
Victor Victoria
Dial M for Murder
Murder by Death
How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying
My Fair Lady
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Some Like it Hot
Jesus of Nazareth
Presenting Lily Mars
Charade
Summer Madness
The Italian Job
Blithe Spirit
Oliver!
Gaslight (1940)
Strangers on a Train
Night of the Hunter
Irma La Douce
The Breakfast Club
Ordinary People
The Cotton Club
The Yellow Rolls Royce

MV5BZmRlY2NhMjEtMjIxOS00ZmFjLTg1MWEtMTAxZGU3YjU2ZTIwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjI4NzAzNjg@._V1_.jpg

Top Bottom