Filtering etiquette?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I don't think I agree Gaz. The ASL isn't meant to be about barging to the front and gaining an advantage, it's supposed to be about safety.
but you will often get 4 or 5 bikes a breast at an ASL, with the ones on the outside looking to make a fast get away.

Dan B

Disengaged member
I thought the point he was making was that ASLs encourage cyclists to filter to the front at traffic lights instead of waiting in primary. But perhaps he can clarify instead of us speculating

Reactions: gaz

broadway

Veteran
Had I known the scooter rider was going left I would have straight away gone for that gap on the right. But I had to be hesitant as he pissed about just in case some numpty shot up the inside like we saw.

I would have probably done the same once you were constrained by the muppet on the scooter.

It is strange watching the video as the 3rd rider doesn't seem to notice the position of the second rider at all even as he drew level.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
What's the rule for scooters in the blue CS7 lane?
I note the white line is dashed, not solid, so I guess he's allowed to filter down there?

OP
OP
gaz

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I thought the point he was making was that ASLs encourage cyclists to filter to the front at traffic lights instead of waiting in primary. But perhaps he can clarify instead of us speculating
That. I see it regularly, cyclists filter towards the front, even when there clearly isn't space or time to do so. The must get in front syndrome in cyclists.

Feastie

Über Member
Surely if you're behind then you've got to watch out for the person in front? You've got a better view (unlike the other guy who would have to shoulder check the whole time) and it's the responsibility of the person trying to overtake to make sure their overtake is safe. I think the guy riding through is being a bit of an idiot.

Hip Priest

Veteran
The guy in front should've shoulder checked. The guy behind should've anticipated the collision and held back. 50/50!

Top Bottom